NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2001 Celica GT that has a brake problem. I bled brakes at garage, no help. Went to my father and he helped put in a new master brake cylinder. After changing it we bled brakes again, and he said there was air in the lines even before there should have been. Anyways, he finished bleeding the breaks. Backing out of his garage the brakes seemed better (barely touch them and it stops) but then by the end of the driveway I had to push brakes all the way down BUT it stopped on a dime. By time I got a block away it was back to how it was, pushing break almost all the way down and slows to a stop. I'm used to it stopping on a dime. Car sat for 6 months, but I've been driving it like this now for 4 months. So it stops, but you have to push brakes down all the way. He's thinking (forgive my lack of knowledge) the rubber thing that pushes in when to help vacuum. By the way, he unplugged the vacuum hose and it seems to be working, so it's not air in tires, or master brake cylinder, or probably the vacuum thingy.

Again, sorry for bad terminology, but if you have ideas I can relay them to my father who is pretty good with cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts