NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for something that will cover up the bracket and plate holes. I figured there was something like a strip of sorts (small bar) I could use but don't see anything yet thru searches. Pic attached, needs to be cleaned up a bit, never seen light for 21 years come July.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Unfortunately that's going to take some work to undo properly. The bumper is entirely plastic and once you drill holes in it, there's no going back. You'll need to fill in the holes with matching plastic, then sand the areas and prime, then paint and clear coat to match the rest of the bumper. Otherwise, you can find some sort of cheap filler and try using white paint to reduce the appearance of them.

Reactions: bigiron

·
Registered
363 Posts
I always hated front plates too, but got pulled over more than once for not having it (when I lived in Ohio) so I gave in.

When I moved to Indiana I was happy to no longer have the requirement. All was good on my '00 GT-S and my '13 FR-S. Well, the '00 GT-S had holes left in the bumper like yours...but it was black, so not too noticeable.

But this '02 GT-S has the action package, and I didn't realize till a week or two ago when I went to remove the TRD "plate" that there is a huge empty spot on these bumpers that the bracket covers/goes into. I say either be content with some small holes...fill it in if it's that big of a deal...or find a novelty plate that you don't mind.

Personally I stuck a plate made to look like Takumi's from Initial D. I suppose it's ricy to some people, but I didn't want an empty bracket/hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts