NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Please don't remove the rear wing/spoiler. Looks sexy in white.
Thanks mate. Do you like my photoshop skills hehe.

I really love the factory spoiler. my last car had the trd spoiler, and I think this time round I prefer the original one.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This. They really care about ride height???
Oh Sorry mate. I thought your reply was an attack on my choice of mods haha

Most highway patrol vehicles have a stick with a L piece on it that allows them to check if any areas on the car are lower than 100mm (and its normally done with 5 people in the car I believe).

Exposed Pod Filters, lower than 100mm springs, coilover suspension, exhausts louder than 90 decibels are all common things that we get picked up for.

Sorry again :(

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Really????? An officer will really go out of his way and get on his knees to check your ride height???

Dude and no offense taken. I am the one who usually gets hated on for style and personal taste of my car. :gap:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Really????? An officer will really go out of his way and get on his knees to check your ride height???

Dude and no offense taken. I am the one who usually gets hated on for style and personal taste of my car. :gap:

Hahaha yeah when I first read it my mind read it as "Not sure about the front and lip but damn I thought you Aussies had better taste" hahaha I didn't realise the second line referred to the legislations here and not about my taste hahaha Sorry again :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Yeah I think they must. I haven't got checked before but I have heard of it happening. Most things need engineers certificate in Australia, most engine mods, above a certain power rating (not that they would know unless they dynoed it), boost controllers are not legal as they change the emissions (same as aftermarket ecus).

What are the laws like in USA for modifications? What sort of things are not allowed to be modified.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
it varies by state and area, some places could care less if you drove the car from Mad Max through town, others will pull you over for having a crooked license plate.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I wonder why they vary so much. A car in one state is fine yet in another state it'll get picked up in a jiffy.

Few updates. Got some oil off a for sale section on jdmstyletuning (didn't end up using it)

Gotta get around to replacing some of the blown bulbs (got a 2 parkers light, and a low beam out) which is annoying the crap out of me lol.

Finally have a few shots of the car, although still not great shots lmao

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Wow, the laws in Australia sound very limiting and un-fun. :thumbdown We can get away with quite a bit in the U.S. Example: most states have a lowering law that the lowest part of your frame cannot be lower than your bottom rim edge (but this height varies obviously when you go with bigger rims and a lower profile tire).

Otherwise... the rims you picked out look decent (though I think they would look better in solid black), and I'd go with the et20 unless you want them to look more sunken (which few actually want). An offset of +20 should look good especially with the wheel's lip design, your very tall ride height & overall oem spacing. If you want to be super-sure with your non-rolled guards then you can opt for et33, but nothing higher please since it will look quite sunken and bad. Tires also make a difference depending on whether you want a stretched, standard or meaty setup. A slight stretch will guarantee better clearance when you go wider in the rims.

I also recommend replacing your parking lights with led bulbs, they are brighter, suck less power and last longer. I replaced my parking lights, tails, signals and sidemarkers with leds and they look much better. Though I did have to add load resistors to the front and rear signals to avoid hyper-flash syndrome. LOL

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
As I previously posted... they look better in all black (link below). And I should add, be sure to get 5x100 since they appear to come in 5x114 as well, and some wheel's offsets are limited to certain bolt patterns.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lenso-Projec-D-D1R-17x8-17x10-5x114-3-MB-SUPRA-EVO-RX7-R32-R33-R34-DRIFT-TRACK-/261953033074?hash=item3cfd9e1372

You might also want to consider some 03 tails as they look so much cleaner than the 00-02 type you currently have mounted. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You can replace the signal flasher relay, which is on the drivers side. Once you change this, you won't have hyper flash. The only downside is, if you get an alarm system that flashes your signal, it won't flash if you have the LED flasher installed.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
The load resistors I installed solved all issues and have no drawbacks. You don't need to use that relay to achieve this.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I swapped for an electronic flasher like that so I don't have to run load resistors, works perfect.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hey all
Wow I haven't been on for ages. I have been staying away from cars so I can save for a deposit. Back into the scheme of things though (tiny bit closer to house deposit haha)

I'm hoping to do stage 2 cams and upgraded valve springs in the next few months, i'm just wondering what others think? I will still be doing this on the stock ecu till I can properly afford a tune but MWR mentioned it would still see a decent improvement on stock ecu.

Tried to do some cheap mods in the mean time.

I did do some work on the car this weekend. Been feeling a bit out of it car scene wise so I grabbed my trusty matt black paint for the wheels and plastidip for the bonnet (hope I got the order right lmao)

I can't afford to put money aside for wheels at the moment so this will have to do haha.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Boy I haven't updated this thread in a while. I must admit I have stayed away from cars for a while since i didn't want to spend more on them again lol

I did get around to fixing a long time issue that has been plaguing the cars performance and drive ability. Basically one of the injectors was overfueling into the cylinder and causing

The measurements on the flow bench were about 63-65-64-68. Cleaning the injectors actually brought the first 3 around to 64 but the last one went up even more.

I also got around to changing the fuel filter (in tank) as it was coming up on the 160k service. I also got around to changing lift bolts. My bolts were suprisingly new still even though they were the original non taper kind. They did have some wear but nothing bad.

Got around to painting the cam covers and replacing some bolts with stainless steel (around the cam cover etc). Will have to post up some new pics tonight if there is still light.

I also sourced a damaged TRD front bar (and i mean damaged lol), a rear lip and a trd spoiler. I got around to fixing my climate control (circuit board was broken) and cleaning out the Lift Oil Valve metal filters (replaced one and cleaned the other out).

The car drives soooo much better now. Can't wait to fit the kit haha.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts