NewCelica.org Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Fishing line works great too, you can get stiffer stuff you can push and it's pretty strong, some of it can be 50lb break.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
My preferred method would be a trained ant on a string... but the bastard always meanders.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
hahaha I love the suggestions. Trained ant would definitely be interesting.

Exciting times ahead. The sideskirts and rear lip are finally on the car. The previous shots were test fit while I was still sourcing out gaskets and clips. I am just awaiting the spoiler to arrive from the plastic repairer to fix the broken end studs. The guy I went to is going to end up using a nut rivet on instead of repairing the original stud with epoxy. I tried some photos with my Speedy Lite 5 wheels in front of my old wheels lol

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's some serious stance there, what spacers are those bro? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
That's some serious stance there, what spacers are those bro? :rofl:
Hahaha technically they are +7inch. Or more formally ET+178 LOL

The actual wheels on the car are likely to be a big offset fail in the first place as they are 17 x 7 +45, but I seem to love the look of them too much.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I have been super curious what the zipper on the back of the seats do. Well after undoing the zip and removing approximately 5 metal clips, I have a seat cover and a bare foam seat.

I then removed the small metal rods in the seat cover and then put the seat material in the washing machine. Boy did it come up clean haha

Then I had an idea. My main concept is that the foam portion and the seat material is the same for the passenger seat as it is for the driver seat. If that is true then I will be able to find a passenger seat at the wreckers which should have much better condition material and the foam should be less worn by comparison.

Ultimately I would love some recaro seats in my car one day but at the same time I would love to one day have my car seats reshaped. It wouldn’t take much to bring in some extra shape into the seats I would imagine.

One of my projects at the moment involves modifying the original engine cover by sanding down the toyota logo, VVTLI writing and the 8 ribs on the top right. So far I have been able to get the letters smooth as well as the 8 ribs but since the letters are embossed, you will essentially sand through and have a hole where the letter was. This cover is a spare that I tested out, its been resprayed in matt black.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well after much thought and consideration (and budget limitations since there is lots I want to do at the moment) i worked off the idea of refoaming the seats.

The only difference is I did this initial concept with no more materials than a beach towel lol

Basically I followed the towel in the shape to conform better with the side bolster. There isnt much in side bolster but boy did it make a big difference. My favourite bucket seat of all time is definitely the wrx bugeye seats but they will take quite a lot of work to mount (i may end up sitting a bit higher in them too)*
See below for before and after (the after looks like the stock seat has been hitting the gym lmao)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey mate. Thanks heaps :) Strangely enough my car is actually lowered on "Lows" but the springs don't seem to sit the same as other people using the same springs. They are branded "King Springs" which are very popular in Australia. The TD3000 bodykit would look very impressive indeed. Was there any concerns with not lowering your car for driveability?
Oh wow, that is quite strange considering they don't look too lowered. No, there's no concerns at all. It's just that I'm contemplating whether I should save up for BC Racing coils or if I should save up for the bodykit first. Eventually, I want to do both, but I'm not sure which one to go with first. Right now, I'm leaning more towards the coils, but I'm still trying to save up some more money.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Oh wow, that is quite strange considering they don't look too lowered. No, there's no concerns at all. It's just that I'm contemplating whether I should save up for BC Racing coils or if I should save up for the bodykit first. Eventually, I want to do both, but I'm not sure which one to go with first. Right now, I'm leaning more towards the coils, but I'm still trying to save up some more money.

I'd go with the BC coils first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, that's what I'm leaning more towards right now, and probably will end up doing first once I have the financial resources. Should I get anything else if I am going to lower my car? Also, what spring rates should I go with?

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
PM me if you want to know more on coils, so we don't bog the man's thread down with all this.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well its been ages since my last update. I have had a good break as I have been concentrating on a few other things.

I finally got around to getting some new wheels. These are 17×7.5 +30 Offset.

I am very happy with how they look on the car. They aren’t hella flush but the idea was to have a practical wheel that didn’t require rolling of the guards. I didn’t want wheels that were too big either.

A couple more photos:

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
You could have done as much as 8.5 at 30 offset and gone even lower than you are. They still wouldn't rub even without rolling the rears. I was dropped lower than you with 18 x 8.5 +30 all round with no rear roll several years back, and I never rubbed.

But if you like the look as is, that is all that really matters. I am just bugged by any obvious sunken look to the wheels on our cars.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
You could have done as much as 8.5 at 30 offset and gone even lower than you are. They still wouldn't rub even without rolling the rears. I was dropped lower than you with 18 x 8.5 +30 all round with no rear roll several years back, and I never rubbed.

But if you like the look as is, that is all that really matters. I am just bugged by any obvious sunken look to the wheels on our cars.
Oh wow thats quite wide mate. I bet they would have looked very nice indeed. Got a photo to have a look?

Thanks for the comments. I absolutely love the car even more now hehe.

Thanks for always commenting on my thread too. I do appreciate it!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
You can add some more front camber and it'll liven up the handling A LOT.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
Oh wow thats quite wide mate. I bet they would have looked very nice indeed. Got a photo to have a look?

Thanks for the comments. I absolutely love the car even more now hehe.

Thanks for always commenting on my thread too. I do appreciate it!

No worries mate, glad to help if I can. I enjoy seeing your progress as you do justice to another nice 040 Celica. I will find a pic of my old setup for you soon.

·
Klaatu barada nikto
1,865 Posts
BTW... If you think 8.5s are wide you should see my current 9.5s :chuckles: I'll show a better pic of that too if you like.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts