NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced my girls 02 A4 with the 3.0 engine. From a stop, we were pretty much even. She got a much better jump than I did( i wasnt sure if she wanted to go or not) but I caught up and then pretty much stayed even. My car is a 5speed (and im not a very fast shifter), hers is an auto. She had it in the sport mode, im not sure what that means though. I think it makes the tranny shift faster, or at least thats waht i heard.
anyways, I was just wondering if you all think the outcome should have been different? I think i may have started to pull a little if we would have kept going, we stopped at around 50-60ish.
Her car has 220hp and around the same torque, but im sure it weighs quite a bit.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
The a4 and well as all the 3.0's I believe are real slow. So good kill :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweeeet i beat a way slow Audi!
according to the audi site, the 3.0's go 0 to 60 in like 6.8 seconds..similiar to my car i think..but they are awd

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
a 6.8 second launch in an AWD car is pretty bad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6.8 is pretty slow for an awd car, i bet its capable of a little faster time than that..thats just what the audi site claims.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by F22-Raptor
Nice Kill. I thought at first you had a GT and was going to call :bs: until I read your SN :D
If its anything like the AUDI TT'S A GT can win:gap:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
If its anything like the AUDI TT'S A GT can win:gap:
im sure a GT could beat the 180hp model. Im not sure about the 225 one, but deffinitely not the 250hp model.

·
Registered
372 Posts
97prelude said:
im sure a GT could beat the 180hp model. Im not sure about the 225 one, but deffinitely not the 250hp model.
You have to be a crack driver to beat the 180hp model and you
can forget it to beat a 225hp model with a GT, Thats GT-S territory.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i raced audi TT.. the good one with dual exhaust tips in the Z, pretty good race, because VDC slowed me doing going into 2nd (wont let you chirp.. bogs the car a bit to prevent slipping) and a little rev limiter bounce in 3rd.. but beat it.. not by much since i totally screwed up.... i need a Technosquare ECU

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Samus
You have to be a crack driver to beat the 180hp model and you
can forget it to beat a 225hp model with a GT, Thats GT-S territory.
I dont get your point.

The 180 HP model is like 40,000 lbs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts