NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd imagine since you have done spark plugs & multiple coil packs that you would have noticed/already removed oil in your spark plug tubes when swapping them. My '02 GT-S had some hesitation when I purchased it, I started with cleaning the MAF, but it didn't help. When I went to change the plugs, I found over an inch of oil in a couple tubes. Put in new tube seals/vc gasket and plugs and cleaned the coil packs up a bit and the hesitation seems to be remedied.

Even though it won't help you, I'm posting for anyone in the future with hesitation problems.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's odd - I had JDM 16" Toyota 86 wheels when I had my FR-S. They were definitely 5x100, because I thought about keeping them for my '00 Celica when I was selling the FR-S. The bolt pattern fit fine, the offset is the issue and I didn't have spacers. Incidentally my '02 Celica had spacers when I bought it 10mm F and 25mm R I believe. I gave/sold the wheels to my brother, but if he lived close by I'd probably stick them on just to see how they look/fit.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did need to use 8mm spacers on the wheels because they hit the front calipers otherwise. I also removed the little inserts that came in the wheels out so that I could use regular round end lug nuts. The bore is 1mm larger on the 86 wheels. I may put a spacer in there sometime. I have a tacoma that's had wheels with 6mm too large bore for years now with no issues so not too worried.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the lug nuts. I think the FR-S had a different thread/pitch than the Celica if I remember right, so I would've needed to buy new lug nuts as well. I did buy hub/bore spacers for the tiny difference, even though it wouldn't really matter once all the lug nuts are torqued properly. I do remember the hub popping out the center caps because of the offset when I did a test fit with no spacers.

Sorry for the off-topic discussion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts