NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Got A 2002 Celica Gt-s.my Celica Gt-s Doesnt Go More Than 7000 Rpm And When I Went To The Toyota Dealer They Told Me I Have Rev. Limiter So I Think Everybody Has This Limiter. How Can I Cut This Limiter Or Modify To Get More Rpms.... Thanks Alot Guys...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
you cant rev past 7000 rpm when your engine is cold. it is a safety feature, once the car is 2 bars on the temp scale then you can activate lift

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,107 Posts
redpunk said:
ok guys thanks alot I just punch the car today and I was like what the f*** is that??? then I am so happy rıght now thanks guys
yep, safe to safe he was revving it that high on a cold engine... :no:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This probrem solved?
I have some problem
I'm change liftbolts, but problem still exist.
After start engine and warm 5-10 min, i can up to 8200 rpm. But after 15 min cannot - up max to 7000prm :(

Check Engine does not burn

·
Registered
126 Posts
2004 gts same problem , engine 1/2 up temp scale but 7k rpm max

My 2004 celi gts has same problem, wont go past 7000 rpm, this with the temp gague at 1/2 scale, so, what now?????

Should I look at rev limiter, or is there an external temp sensor for rev limiter that could be defective or a hydralic oil pressure activator that is not activating and broken lift bolts and how do i tell which one is my specific problem.

Some helpfull advice please.

Does haynes or chilton sell a manual for 2004 toyota celica or am I stuck
buying a 200.00 manual from toyota.

My computer wont download the on line manual here. dial up too slow & I get blasted off the internet after 4 or 5 hours before I can even download half of
it & I cant save to hard drive before download is complete. I wasted 3 whole nights trying. One night I got 3/4 downloaded , then lost my isp connecton and lost all the information. adobe format no good. Cant use download manager with guaranteed reconnect--- with adobe pdf format.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Is there any CEL thrown? Seeing that it's a 2004 we can virtually rule out broken Liftbolts. Maybe some problem with oil supply or voltage to the Lift OCV? I remember someone here had a similar problem and it turned out his two ground wires to the Lift OCV housing were bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.