NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, browsed these forums a few times in search of stuff. Finally decided to create an account. I've had my 2003 Celica for over 12 years now and it's time to fix'er up. So I've been doing that little by little lately.

One thing I need help figuring out is why the middle lock switch only works for the trunk. - I have to lock and unlock the doors manually.

Not really a big issue, but if anyone knows a starting place for how to fix the switch so it works for the doors as well, I'd greatly appreciate it. ^_^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The key fob is somewhere in all my junk, 'cause the plastic loop broke and I didn't see any need in getting a new one at the time since it only worked on the trunk.

Short answer, key fob didn't work last I remember.

Sad to say, I'm not very mechanically inclined. But I'm trying. So I know nothing about the relay box. Now's the time to learn, I suppose! =D So thanks, I'll take a look at that when I get a chance.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,837 Posts
Does it, by chance, have an aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ok so the switch doesn’t work and you if the key fob works.

I’d be thinking the master actuator is toast

Sometimes it’s just better to pay a sparky..

·
Registered
571 Posts
Switch on center console opens the trunk, so door relay works.

When you press the switch, do actuators inside doors make any noise or any motion?

If they do, the little motor inside the door actuator assembly are weak, need replacement. You can open the door inside panel, only 2 screws and a few plastic fasteners. Hook up a volt meter to the motor's terminals and press the switch to verify if the motor is actuated with 12V. If the motor does not turn strong enough to pull the cable, it needs replaced,

If no noise, no motion come from the doors, then the wiring to both doors may be damaged. An auto electric technician should be able to find the fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts