NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
lol holy crap...so i'm guess you can jsut rechip it and hit 300? or are there some physical differences between the different variants of it that make it so it pushes out less power in some models?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
homeworld1031tx said:
to burrcold, if u want to see what a real sh!tty back seat is, buy a celica lol...anyways, my friend was telling me earlier today that the Altima 3.5 and the Maxima 3.5 use the same engine as the 350z. i knew he was wrong, but then i also relaized that it couldnt have been a coinsidence that all of nissans engines have a displacement of 3.5l's. Anyone know what the codename of the altima/maxima (if they even use the same powertrain) setup is, and if it is related to the VQ line?
I've owned 2 celicas (2000 GT, 2003 GT-S) and the back seat was better. The G's backseat may have a tiny bit more leg room but the compartment in the middle kills seating space for two (even smaller people). I wish the car looked the way it does but with the interior (rear design) of the 350Z

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
marc said:
the LS1 fits in a Miata - why would you waste your time with a VQ?
why waste your time with an ls1? aim a little higher, get an f130a or a 13j

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
homeworld1031tx said:
lol holy crap...so i'm guess you can jsut rechip it and hit 300? or are there some physical differences between the different variants of it that make it so it pushes out less power in some models?

There are differences in the I/E side of things. The Programming is different for sure, but there are a few other physical characteristics of the engine in each model. The SUV/Vans are spec'd for more Torque.

·
Super Moderator
43,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
2009 Nissan 350z illustrations

Nissan goes a little soft with the 2009 350Z
Nissan is busy reworking its signature sports car for 2009, and our latest set of illustrations gives you an early look at the changes. Clearly this will be an evolutionary design that softens some of the harder edges of the current model.

According to our source, one of the bigger changes will be a wider track, that will necessitate extended wheel flares front and rear. Up front, the 2009 350Z will also get a slimmer look, with a less upright airdam and smaller headlight clusters. The windshield might get relaxed a degree or two, but the 350Z's instantly identifiable silhouette will remain as will the hatchback rear end.

Mechanically, the 2009 350Z isn't expected to change much. The overall suspension design will stay, although its tuning may get softened a notch or two to make it more livable. With one of the best V6s in the world already under the hood you can bet that aspect of the 350Z won't change, but look for Nissan to bump horsepower to around 325.

Much of the criticism of the current model revolves around the cabin. Nissan already made one round of upgrades which helped in the materials department, but look for the next-generation model to go even further. Convenience features like more storage and softer armrests may be added despite the Z's reputation as a serious sports car.

With Nissan already gearing up to introduce the new Skyline at next fall's Tokyo auto show, the 2009 Nissan 350Z may not make an appearance until early 2008 with sales beginning later that year.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yeah has a new engine in it.. but i think the hood design oculd have been better.... nothing that a quick aftermarket hood can take care of rigth away =]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
yah... still that is not even a cast model, its like the 7th drawing of what the z might look like... its a fricking drawin by some artist.. what ever ends up being, it will completely different than what you see... until you get to the point of seeing pics like of the new GTR(the latest spy pics) then there will be nothing clear of what the car really woudl look like...
Its like some pics i have seen of the concept supra... some even look like a tiburon..ridiculous..not way it will be like that...
i am sure whatever comes up will be better...
this artist that write up this stories are just as speculative as the writers of the celebrity magazines

21 - 40 of 132 Posts