·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Seen that car around before. Those wheels are just :drool:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Red Falcon said:
those are volk time attacks special edition, they are as light as they get... and those are pretty expensive rims...

neological said:
Meh.

There's nothing special about that car. Those front wheels are too big.
what are you talking about, those are 19s, which is the best fit for the Z as far as show and race go...

maybe you love you 16" that much :rofl: jk
on the other hand, yah there is nto much special on the car other than the rims... no coilovers, just teing drop and maybe camber adjusters, oem cf hood( cheapest of all cf hood ovbiously) a few stickers, nismo front, i am sure bolt ons on the engine bay which many people have it as mods, so not uncomon and the stoptech bbk

the wheels and how clean the car is sets it apart for sure =] i do think its a hot looking Z

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QuickSilverXP said:
those are volk time attacks special edition, they are as light as they get... and those are pretty expensive rims...

what are you talking about, those are 19s, which is the best fit for the Z as far as show and race go...

maybe you love you 16" that much :rofl: jk
on the other hand, yah there is nto much special on the car other than the rims... no coilovers, just teing drop and maybe camber adjusters, oem cf hood( cheapest of all cf hood ovbiously) a few stickers, nismo front, i am sure bolt ons on the engine bay which many people have it as mods, so not uncomon and the stoptech bbk

the wheels and how clean the car is sets it apart for sure =] i do think its a hot looking Z
Of course the rims have to be outrageously priced...

Are there any clean looking black rims w/ red lip like that that are at least 450 a wheel or less?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
sorta.. i mean 3k Will get your this rims... plus 1300 in a good set of tires... all in all you will be at 4500-5000 after its all said and done, or you could go with asantis that are about 1500 each wheel ;)
advans for me, but eventually will switch to work or something cooler and nicer. I wont be a volk whore lol
i have much more stuff currently being done that i need to focus first =]

a few pics of my z here
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231596

·
Registered
311 Posts
Red Falcon said:
What rims are those? I am still looking for rims for the celi, I like enkei rfp1's but black on black with red lip looks pretty sick.

These are Tenzo Mach 10's. $1200 18's w/tires.

I personally want some black wheels with neon green lips. :AF:

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
QuickSilverXP said:
Show? Perhaps.

Go? No.

Nothing will ever convince me that running wheels that big in the front of a Z are doing anything for performance.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
neological said:
QuickSilverXP said:
Show? Perhaps.

Go? No.

Nothing will ever convince me that running wheels that big in the front of a Z are doing anything for performance.

Show 20s
performance 18s

Show and Go 19s.... thats my point... the lightest 19s will only be about 2 lbs heavier each wheels vs the lightest 18s...maybe 3 lbs... with the power the Z will put out i hardly doubt your butt dyno will notice the difference ;)
Def 18s are pure best for Go, my point was that with 19s you can do both, if you have a good set of tires it will compensate for the lil added wight on the wheels

its not like a crz that every lb make a difference lol
its hilarious actually seeing my friend trying to loose weight to get faster lol he is 180 lbs trying to get to 150 haha

my tires sizes are 245/35 front and 285/35 on the rear...falken fk-452s v ;)

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
QuickSilverXP said:
Show 20s
performance 18s

Show and Go 19s.... thats my point... the lightest 19s will only be about 2 lbs heavier each wheels vs the lightest 18s...maybe 3 lbs... with the power the Z will put out i hardly doubt your butt dyno will notice the difference ;)
Def 18s are pure best for Go, my point was that with 19s you can do both, if you have a good set of tires it will compensate for the lil added wight on the wheels
i get your point. It's a happy medium. 19's in the back are still fine for racing with a Z, but 19's in the front aren't helping you any but don't hurt much either. They just stray to the impractical side of the line.
QuickSilverXP said:
its not like a crz that every lb make a difference lol
crz = Honda CRX?

I beg to differ. Zs are heavy for their size. The curb weight of a Track edition is 3,370 pounds. That makes an Evo IX look svelte at 3,263 pounds and is heavier than an STi at 3,351 - both with heavy AWD systems. It is also an inarguably smaller car with no backseat. That car needs to lose a lot of weight in every way possible.
QuickSilverXP said:
its hilarious actually seeing my friend trying to loose weight to get faster lol he is 180 lbs trying to get to 150 haha
Does he own a Z?
QuickSilverXP said:
my tires sizes are 245/35 front and 285/35 on the rear...falken fk-452s v ;)
235/45/17 - 235/45/17...Kumho Ecsta ASX. It's wintertime.

41 - 60 of 138 Posts