NewCelica.org Forum banner
61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
neological said:
i get your point. It's a happy medium. 19's in the back are still fine for racing with a Z, but 19's in the front aren't helping you any but don't hurt much either. They just stray to the impractical side of the line.

crz = Honda CRX?
yah like sorry it wsa late the letter x and z are next to in the keyboard

neological said:
I beg to differ. Zs are heavy for their size. The curb weight of a Track edition is 3,370 pounds. That makes an Evo IX look svelte at 3,263 pounds and is heavier than an STi at 3,351 - both with heavy AWD systems. It is also an inarguably smaller car with no backseat. That car needs to lose a lot of weight in every way possible.
yah heavy, but not really on needing to loose weight that is so critical at all, while the car is heavy, the ammount of torque it puts out allows the Z to still win races, stock by stock, while the Z will ovbiously not handle on a curbe like an rx-8 its handles its suprisingly good enough that once they clear the curve it can easily take off, teh power band and gears on the Z/G help quit a bit too
In any case of course it doesn't hurt to do some weight reduction

neological said:
Does he own a Z?
no a crX lol thats why its funny

neological said:
235/45/17 - 235/45/17...Kumho Ecsta ASX. It's wintertime.
werd =]

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
QuickSilverXP said:
yah heavy, but not really on needing to loose weight that is so critical at all, while the car is heavy, the ammount of torque it puts out allows the Z to still win races, stock by stock, while the Z will ovbiously not handle on a curbe like an rx-8 its handles its suprisingly good enough that once they clear the curve it can easily take off, teh power band and gears on the Z/G help quit a bit too
In any case of course it doesn't hurt to do some weight reduction.
Weight reduction is the only mod you can do that improves acceleration, braking and handling simultaneously. I'm doing the body weight reduction thing myself, I figure it's easier to take 25 pounds off of me than the car.

·
Super Moderator
52,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Hooters girl and her pink 350Z

Hooters girl and her pink 350Z
Diesel350 said:
Something you don't run into everyday I was driving around I pulled up next to this girl in a pink Z today. She told me it was a black Z before and she just put a carbon fiber hood on it. She also told me she works at Hooters so I may give her a visit this weekend. She looked cute so we'll see.

The people on that forum never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
'07 350Z specs

Nissan USA announced the availability and pricing of its revised 2007 Nissan 350Z Coupe & Roadster models. Like the 2007 Japanese version, the updated 350Z benefits from a new hood design reminiscent of the classic first generation 240Z and most importantly, from the adoption of the fourth generation VQ35 engine. Albeit in Japan the 3.5 V6 VQ35HR produces 313 Hp, in the US it lost a few

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
NISMO 350Z Coming to New York?

When Nissan unveiled the Fairlady Z Version NISMO (their description, not ours) along with the updated version of the iconic Z, we didn't have much hope that we'd ever see the motorsports-massaged version here in the States. Well, it would seem that the folks over at Edmunds have it on good authority that a US-legit version of the NISMO 350Z will be revealed at the New York Auto Show in April.

Although the JDM model's specs are already firmed up and the vehicle is currently on sale in Japan, there is no information about what could be lost in translation on the trek across the Pacific. We'd expect the aero enhancements to remain unscathed, along with the additional welds, reinforcement panels and bars. The Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs that are fitted onto the JDM version are also sold here in the US, so hopefully they will remain and be wrapped around a set of custom, lightweight rollers, possibly sourced from Rays Engineering (who Nissan has tapped in the past) or another premium wheels manufacturer.

We'll be on hand for the official unveiling in Detroit, but in the meantime, feel free to ogle the gallery of the new Fairlady 350Z below.

[Sources: Straightline, Nissan]
http://www.podcasts.autoblog.com/2007/02/03/nismo-350z-to-bow-in-new-york/

I like, but not so much the rear bumper.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
neological said:
That's fugly.

Everything they changed appearance-wise is far worse than stock.
:werd: x2
that looks horrible! i'll take a stock one instead

·
Super Moderator
52,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
First Drive: 2007 NISMO 350Z

First Drive: 2007 NISMO 350Z
With the 2007 Nismo Z, Nissan has taken one of the world's best sports cars, given it a look that's both unique and functional and built up a razor-sharp chassis that's capable of extreme performance. You'll want to keep the engine on the boil at nearly 7,000 rpm just like we did.

61 - 80 of 152 Posts