For the gentleman driver with sporting ambitions

• Extensive aerodynamic kit with diffuser
• Sporty end mufflers for an even stronger sound
• Agile road-handling through sport suspension
• Split-rim light-alloy wheels "Edition Race" in 20 and 21 inch

Typical wheel and tire combinations:
front 9.0 J x 20" / rear 12.5 J x 20" - 245/35 ZR 20 / 335/30 ZR20
front 9.0 J x 21" / rear 12.0 J x 21" - 245/30 ZR 21 / 345/25 ZR21

With the aid of a chassis spring assembly, HAMANN lowers the center of gravity even further which even in a vehicle of this caliber still brings noticeable improvement to the handling.

Incontestably the sound of a Ferrari 12-cylinder is something completely special. The sport mufflers are made from in V2A stainless steel and are offered by HAMANN for left and right, each of which has double exhaust pipes.

#4 ·
marc said:
I've never liked Hamann's stuff and I probably never will - I think its always too gaudy.

Novitec is where its at.
You beat me to posting that.

silverCELICAgt-s said:
HAMANN Ferrari 612 Scaglietti > Novitec ferrari 612 scaglietti
No. the Hamann one looks terrible, the Novitec one is all sexed up. I don't like how they branded the hell out of the front of it too. Those sideskirts DO NOT match the car.

"You know what this bumper needs?"

"Our huge poorly HAMANN designed logo?"

"Perfecto. Should we take the Ferrari logo and prancing stallion off? Nobody will miss it."

"Sure, everyone knows HAMANN. Oh and while you're doing bodywork throw on some Vader sideskirts."

"You sure? They totally don't match the cheap Taiwan rear bumper extensions. They don't even remotely line up."

"That's why it's cutting edge."

#10 ·
I'd rather take the money to buy the Scagiletti and just buy an F430 instead. Much sexier looking in my opinion and with the extra money left over ($230000 for that Scagiletti to about $200000 for an F430), you could mod it however you wanted.

#11 ·
bps1804 said:
I'd rather take the money to buy the Scagiletti and just buy an F430 instead. Much sexier looking in my opinion and with the extra money left over ($230000 for that Scagiletti to about $200000 for an F430), you could mod it however you wanted.
can't seat 4 in a 430
don't get a v12 in a 430

in the Ferrari food chain, 430 drivers are like Automatic Celica GT drivers.

#12 ·
marc said:
bps1804 said:
can't seat 4 in a 430
don't get a v12 in a 430

It doesn't have the v12 of the Scagiletti, but with the extra money you can integrate a dual supercharger induction system, giving it 625+ hp. I'd rather have that than the 540 v12, although that's just my opinion.

As far as seating 4, i was only looking at appearance and performance. Obviously if giving your friends a ride is an issue, a 430 shouldn't be your first choice.

And in the "Ferrari food chain", of course a 430 is going to be lower when you have Enzos and FXXs running around.

Nice Hedberg quote in the sig by the way, i'm listening to one of his CDs right now. Funny sh*t.

#14 ·
nyoneway said:
bps1804 said:
You can't buy a new F430 for $200k. Try at least $250k + tax.
and even then you can't buy one new if you win the lottery

with Ferrari you have to work your way up the foodchain with used ones first, and eventually they MIGHT let you get a new one.

At least that's what my ex's dad (who's owned two Ferraris) told me.

bps1804 said:
marc said:
can't seat 4 in a 430
don't get a v12 in a 430

It doesn't have the v12 of the Scagiletti, but with the extra money you can integrate a dual supercharger induction system, giving it 625+ hp. I'd rather have that than the 540 v12, although that's just my opinion.

As far as seating 4, i was only looking at appearance and performance. Obviously if giving your friends a ride is an issue, a 430 shouldn't be your first choice.

And in the "Ferrari food chain", of course a 430 is going to be lower when you have Enzos and FXXs running around.

Nice Hedberg quote in the sig by the way, i'm listening to one of his CDs right now. Funny sh*t.
once you start modifying a supercar its value plummets, and good luck getting it serviced.

Seriously, once a car is worth more than $50,000, leave it stock. You can molest them when they depreciate.

#16 ·
nyoneway said:
marc said:

with Ferrari you have to work your way up the foodchain with used ones first, and eventually they MIGHT let you get a new one.

My mistake, i was thinking what their market value was worth, not how much you'd actually need to buy one.

By the way, what kind of Ferraris did this girl's dad own?

#19 ·
bps1804 said:
nyoneway said:
marc said:

My mistake, i was thinking what their market value was worth, not how much you'd actually need to buy one.

By the way, what kind of Ferraris did this girl's dad own?
He had two Dinos when he was base commander of Sigonella AFB in Sicily

homeworld1031tx said:
marc said:
can't seat 4 in a 430
don't get a v12 in a 430

except auto celica GT's dont outperform their higher trims
Auto Celica GT outperforms the Auto Celica GT-S

#20 ·
The car looks better stock.

Taking off the scuderia badge and the prancing horse is like neutering the car.

I'd take a scaglietti over a 430 any day and I love the 430. There are 3 430's in my neighborhood (I know, rich people land) and i follow them around whenever I see them jsut to hear the exhaust.

And it still doesn't sound anywhere near as good as a 612 scaglietti. There are a couple in downtown minneapolis that daily drive them. The wife's is silver and she just parks it right ont he street like it was a hyundai, bumper is marred from parallel parking mistakes.

#21 ·
marc said:

That's not true. It was true with the Enzo, but for the other models you can buy them right off the showroom floor (or special order if you have the cash).

My dad has a 96 355GTS. It was his first, and brand new off the lot. There were many other models that the dealership tried to sell him as well (as a first time Ferrari owner).

#22 ·
Burrcold said:
marc said:

That's not true. It was true with the Enzo, but for the other models you can buy them right off the showroom floor (or special order if you have the cash).

My dad has a 96 355GTS. It was his first, and brand new off the lot. There were many other models that the dealership tried to sell him as well (as a first time Ferrari owner).
It could have changed since the 70s

#24 ·
The super-rare Ferrari's are previous customer only....the people/families with the longest history get first dibs and so on until they're "sold out."

With the regular Ferrari's, anyone with enough cash (or credit) can own one.

#26 ·
Update!

Novitec Rosso 2010 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
2+2-seaters have a long and illustrious tradition at Ferrari. The 612 Scaglietti seamlessly continued this tremendous success story since its debut in the fall of 2003. To make this extraordinary automobile even more exclusive and to add an even higher level of customization NOVITEC ROSSO now offers new accessories such as a custom-tailored tire/wheel combination with diameters of 20 and 21 inches, a power increase to 565 hp / 416 kW, a stainless-steel sport exhaust system, new taillight design and upgrades for the interior.

Further cornerstones of the NOVITEC ROSSO program for the 612 Scaglietti are a power increase and an even sportier exhaust note. The inner workings of the V12 engine with a displacement of 5,748 cm remain untouched. The power increase to 565 hp / 416 kW at 7,290 rpm is the product of a newly calibrated engine management system and the NOVITEC ROSSO stainless-steel high-performance exhaust system.

The tuning gives the V12 engine an even crisper response and lets it rev up even faster. Simultaneously peak torque grows to 609 Nm at 5,300 rpm. A top speed of more than 325 km/h and a sprint time for 0 - 100 km/h of just 3.9 seconds make the 2+2-seater an even more dominant sports car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.