NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car first starts up and drives it's fine, but as soon as it gets up to temperature the car will seem like its bogging have a hesitation when trying to accelerate from a stop. Pull up to a stop sign. Idels fine. Go to hit the gas and it's just boggs then slowly powers op till it gets rpm then it runs great. And ideas?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,636 Posts
Sounds like a MAF or vacuum leak issue. Using an aftermarket intake?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
192k. Everything is still stock. I should just stop being lazy and clean the maf. I hate to think it. But I'm betting there is some vacuum leaks. Which if I could find a kit I'd change them all. But If I'm too lazy to clean the maf. So way to lazy to cut my own hoses. Lol

·
15,636 Posts
It is, obviously, a Closed Loop issue. It is in Open Loop on cold start. So, it really points to a sensor. A dirty MAF is a common cause of "bogging". Can of CRC MAF cleaner & a small Phillips screwdriver. Easy fix. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cleaned the maf when I got to work. Let it dry reinstalled. Still had issues on the way home. If I go to take off slowly the long term ft jumps from -7 to -18. But if i put the throttle to the flow it goes without issue. It is a duralast mag sensor. So idk how well it actually working atm. May have to upgrade to a denso

·
15,636 Posts
Did you reset the ECU?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried with my scan tool and didnt want to reset the long terms. Think I might have to unhook battery and let her sit.

·
15,636 Posts
Yeah, you want to reset the LTs & make it remap. Just pull the EFI fuse under the hood. You might have some weirdness till it remaps.... takes about 3/4-full tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So. Pulled the efi this morning for a few hours. Put it back in. Seems a little better on the ride home. But it is a 4cyl Toyota so to burn 3/4 of a tank is going to take me almost a week. The thing that sucks is I'm a tech at a used car dealership that sells between 200 and 300 cars a month. We have two scan tools. Neither one will go in depth for me to see more. Hence why I'm here to see if anyone else has had an issue or may have an idea. I had a corolla before this and could resist an $800 running driving Celica. So I am new to the Celica world but finding myself in love with this car. I appreciate any and all the help.

·
15,636 Posts
You'd need a scanner capable of reading live sensor data.

Is this a GT? Year?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts