NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 tsunami edition gt and I wanted to buy some springs to lower it 2 inches. A lot of people say Skunk2 but when I look up the fitment it says 00-04, others say tein but the only ones I found were a .8" drop which doesn't feel like anywhere near enough. Anybody out there have experience with lowering a 2005 or know if the suspension on a 2005 is actually different? I'm looking to spend around 170-180$ but I can spend more if I need to, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
skunk2 or df210 for that 2" drop, 00-05 GT and GTS is the same.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah the 7th gens are pretty much identical suspension wise. The biggest changes in the yrs was mostly cosmetic. A lot things only mention til '04 because 05 was the last yr they were sold here & they didn't sell a lot.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I haven't seen Skunk2 around. Your best bet is getting Tanabe DF210. The DF210 will give you the most drop for basic lowering springs.

Or save up and get Megan Coilover, they are around 700 buck? I'm not sure exactly on price, but Coilover will give you the drop you want. And you could save yourself the hassle of blown strut.

Or go all out and get BC coilovers for 1000 bucks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't seen Skunk2 around. Your best bet is getting Tanabe DF210. The DF210 will give you the most drop for basic lowering springs.

Or save up and get Megan Coilover, they are around 700 buck? I'm not sure exactly on price, but Coilover will give you the drop you want. And you could save yourself the hassle of blown strut.

Or go all out and get BC coilovers for 1000 bucks.

Could you explain why it would blow a strut?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Most shocks are designed to have a specific stroke. OEM shocks are built for OEM stroke. When you lower the car, the oil/gas gets mushed down more than it was designed for. It will reduce the life of struts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most shocks are designed to have a specific stroke. OEM shocks are built for OEM stroke. When you lower the car, the oil/gas gets mushed down more than it was designed for. It will reduce the life of struts

But a coil over would prevent the oil from getting mushed down?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts