NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
I thought BMW has had no experience in turbocharging at all.

Mike

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
there was a 318t rite? (i remember some type of hatch.. unless it was a n/a 1.8L engine... that would suck it hard)

there was a alpina or whatever engine.. bi-turbo (aka twin turbo)

but its been a while since that was out.. maybe the head guys that designed it are out doing turbo setups for other companies?

that 3 series is ugly. back has the same ugly subaru-like tails as the 5..

word to bmw: THEY ONLY LOOK GOOD ON SUBARUS... (im not joking, i like the wrx a lot, even the looks)

·
Registered
134 Posts
the t in the bmw names don't refer to turbos... they're just there. To my knowledge there arent any production BMW turbos right now...
BMW designs have to keep changing just so they don't become outdated, even if they don't look good to us now, who knows, maybe they'll look better in real life, or our taste will adjust to it. That having been said, I still dislike the new 7 series and the i-drive.

·
Registered
605 Posts
wow i can't wait until the IS300 coupe is developed...i plan on buying a new car in 2005 but now that i know what the 3 series looks like, i'm not that excited about it, maybe the HP will change my thinking but i don't know.....i hope the next IS is nice...its was going to be between those 2 cars...besides i think if i go with the IS down the road, it would be cheaper, leaving $$ to mod it and too many ppl drive 3 series here anyways!!

GTS-6

1 - 20 of 25 Posts