NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm looking to sell my '05 Celica GT-S . To be clear, please understand the following: Before inquiring about the Celica or reading any further, I am asking $14,500. I am feeling out the market and I am not in a rush to sell, and I am FIRM in my current listing price. Also, Please Note: I will not part the car and I will not consider trades or any form of payment plan other than paid in full upfront cash sale. Buyer will handle the pick up or shipping.

Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I first would like to recognize NewCelica.org member Jereme_S who was the previous owner of this car and he did a really amazing job with it and deserves the credit for such a fine car. (I just took good care of it). Jereme sold the car to me 6-1/2 years ago and virtually has changed so I am re-using a significant amount of his original write
up since it is all still relevant and I have made no modifications to the car.
~ thanks Jereme.

The Car:
2005 Toyota Celica GT-S. Color: Toyota OEM, Spectra Blue Mica. The Celica has 58411 miles on it at the time of this posting. I am the sole owner of the car and I have the title in hand. I purchased the car in Colorado Springs from Jereme in July, 2012 when it had 55980 miles. Jereme originally purchased it in Austin, Texas in 2008 with 22k miles on it. Since then the car has been garage kept, never seen snow or driven on salted roads (despite 7 years in upstate NY, yep long stretches of longing), never been smoked in, no kids, never raced or tracked. The VIN number is: JTDDY32T550076517.

The Celica has many Dealer Option upgrades such as a Sun Roof, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Locks, and Fog Lights. The previous owner installed nearly every TRD (Toyota Racing Development) upgrade available. According to him, he put in over $8,000 in upgrades for both performance and appearance and it shows. All the TRD upgrades are 100% genuine Toyota parts. You can see a list of these upgrades below. The previous owner and I have always used Fully Synthetic Motor oil have had the oil changed on a 5K mi schedule. The Celica has the 6 Speed Manual Transmission. The clutch feels tight and grippy as it should and I have had no issues with it at all. The Air Conditioner blows cold air and the heater works perfectly. The car runs beautifully and has since the day I bought it. The Celica is in Excellent condition all around. There are some light scratches on both side doors from normal use, and a small ding very low on the driver's door but other than that the car is in excellent shape inside and out. In fact, most of the car is like new. According to the previous owner the hood, hood scoop, bumpers, and the body kit trim pieces were painted and installed by John Fogg Auto of Colorado Springs just before I purchased the car in summer 2012. John Fogg also removed every small dent from the vehicle using paint-less dent repair. The front and rear seats were just purchased like-new in January of 2012. The wheels were professionally powder coated in 2011 and have seen maybe 8K total miles of use since then. The only reason I am selling the car is because I need more garage space and I don't drive it enough to justify keeping. The previous owner and I have babied the heck out of this car and I hope to find it a home where the new owner will do the same.

Even though the Celica has many upgrades, they are all 100% Genuine Toyota Parts. Many of the JDM parts that the previous owner purchased from Toyota Japan (Hokori Motor and Japanparts.com to name a couple) or Yahoo! Auctions and had shipped state side and are extremely RARE. According to Jereme: Chances are you WILL NOT find another Celica like this and I agree. here in the U.S. This car would be perfect for a Celica or Toyota enthusiast either as is or as a perfect starting point. Most of these parts have been professionally installed. I believe that you would be hard pressed to find many of these parts of that era ever again. Below are the parts installed:

Exterior/Body Upgrades:
TRD JDM Blue Tint headlamps
TRD JDM Elegant Front Lip
TRD JDM Sports M Rear Wing
TRD JDM Sports M Rear Spats
TRD JDM Sports M Hood Scoop
TRD USA Side Skirts
Toyota Japan Carbon Fiber License Plate Garnish
Toyota Japan Amber Side Markers
Toyota Japan Blue Tinted Side Mirrors

Interior Upgrades:
TRD Limited Edition Blue/Black Suede Front Seats (Like New from a Tsunami Celica - Canada Version)
TRD Limited Edition Blue Suede/Carbon Fiber Door Panels (Like New from a Tsunami Celica - Canada Version)
TRD JDM Sports M 6-Speed Manual Blue/Black Shift Knob
TRD Sports M Blue/Black Steering Wheel
TRD USA Platinum Gauge Face
Toyota Japan Black Door Sills

Performance Upgrades:
TRD USA Standard Length Exhaust System
TRD Japan Exhaust Manifold
TRD USA Short Shifter
Injen Chrome Short Ram Intake

Suspension and Wheels:
TRD USA Rear Strut Bar
TRD USA Rear Sway Bar
TRD USA Stuts and Springs Kit
TRD T3 17" Wheels - Manufactured by Ray's Engineering Japan (Newly Powder-coated Dark Gray)
Yokohama S,Drive Tires 215/45R (Only about 5K miles on the Tires)

Audio System:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS CD/MP3/SD/USB Head Unit (Brand New)
Pioneer TS-C720PRS Front Components
Boston Acoustics SR6S Rear Speakers
Alpine PDX Amps (One for Sub and One for Highs)
Crossfire 12 Subwoofer
Optima Battery (Yellow Top)

Extras (current owner additions):
Rare Earth Magnets behind front bumper skin for screwless front license plate mounting and easy removal for show
Covercraft Custom Car Cover with "Block It" Fabric and Storage Bag
Tool Kit
Many original papers and original window sticker

Below are some pictures of the Celica taken in various places. Some are from 2012 in the Colorado Springs area, and a couple are from upstate NY area (the car was transported by enclosed transport when I bought it) and all the pictures are still relevant since the car has accumulated less than 2500 miles they were taken.

Feel free to ask me anything about the Celica, request more pics, or set up a time to come view it. I work full time and can't check the thread at work, but I will do my absolute best to reply to your inquiry promptly. I prefer not to list my phone number here in the listing, nor exchange it until I know you are a serious buyer. I am looking for serious inquiries only. ~thanks for your interest and feedback

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow that’s a big price drop.. current price is $ 4500..

It’s worth that every day and they will only go up.
Someone pay this man a fair price for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sold - Judging by some of the creative handles and new joins - I sensed that some of the Celica community from this forum was out there giving the bids their best thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.