Which model is the worth the $$ to get
GT (automatic)
GT (Manual)
GT Celica Tsunami

Thanks

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
GT Manual is the same as the Tsnuami with the addition of the kit.

Also, NEVER BUY an auto Celica.

If you can afford it, Get a GT-S.

If you know anything about quarter mile times well here goes.

GT Manual = semi-mid to high 15's.
GT Auto = Low 17's

GT-S Manual = Semi-mid 14's to low 15's.
GT-S Auto = Low 17's.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome, get a GT-S, that way the engine is more
in balance with its looks, any of the three?
get a GT manual.

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have an auto and I like it. It actuallygets better gas mileage than the stick, but its seriously underpowered (torque converter powerloss) and has bad gearing.

If you want to modify it then probably a stick is better unless you intend to go turbo then an auto isnt that bad.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Yossarian
i have an auto and I like it. It actuallygets better gas mileage than the stick, but its seriously underpowered (torque converter powerloss) and has bad gearing.

If you want to modify it then probably a stick is better unless you intend to go turbo then an auto isnt that bad.
If you drive the stick properly, you will get better MPG easily.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, according to Toyota the auto gets better mileage.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Well, according to Toyota the auto gets better mileage.
I Know. But if you drive stick properly it will get better mileage.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
:werd:
Nothing like shifting at 2000 RPM. :chuckles:
It also helps to put it into neutral when you don't need to accelerate like down a hill or approaching a stop light with no cars behind you. :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
:werd:
Nothing like shifting at 2000 RPM. :chuckles:
I am a rebel. I take Risks. Dare I say I shift at 2500.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Across the board, generally, the auto gets better gas mileage. If you are trying to eek out more gas mileage out of the manual, you'll either fail or go nuts trying. ;)

Celica05,

Go for the GT Manual. Add Tsunami if you like the look.

·
Registered
659 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
If you drive the stick properly, you will get better MPG easily.
before my swap, i got about 320-340 per tank (hitting lift on average once a day). after my swap, i got 340-360 per tank when i drive hard (a lot harder than i drove my automatic) and 360-430 when i drive sanely or mainly freeway miles.

so what i'm trying to say is that i don't have to shift at 2.5k RPM just to save MPG over the automatic celi.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by CeliKill180
thats 4500 rpms closer to redline calm the hell down
I have a lead foot. Sorry.

Originally posted by modenaplz
before my swap, i got about 320-340 per tank (hitting lift on average once a day). after my swap, i got 340-360 per tank when i drive hard (a lot harder than i drove my automatic) and 360-430 when i drive sanely or mainly freeway miles.

so what i'm trying to say is that i don't have to shift at 2.5k RPM just to save MPG over the automatic celi.
But as said. Generally, AUTO get sbetter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
modenaplz said:

You own a GT-S so I am not for sure if it gets better gas mileage than the auto GT. If it was so easy to get better gas mileage with a stick why would Toyota advertise the auto as having better mileage? When you drive the car in high gears at low speeds you end up having to give more gas to get moving so I do not buy the argument that you can get better gas mileage with a stick. The gearing and computer in the GT combine for the more precise, and efficient, consumption of fuel.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
You own a GT-S so I am not for sure if it gets better gas mileage than the auto GT. If it was so easy to get better gas mileage with a stick why would Toyota advertise the auto as having better mileage? When you drive the car in high gears at low speeds you end up having to give more gas to get moving so I do not buy the argument that you can get better gas mileage with a stick. The gearing and computer in the GT combine for the more precise, and efficient, consumption of fuel.
Your in denial.

I get 37-40 MPG in my 5 SPEED easy. Driving hard I get 30-35.

·
Registered
192 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Your in denial.

I get 37-40 MPG in my 5 SPEED easy. Driving hard I get 30-35.
You need to substantiate that claim and bring it up to Toyota then.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts