NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
looks ok. why would they produce another version of it instead of offering a hardtop shell as an option like the porche boxter [if that IS an option, not sure on this one]. :wtf:

although, looks like they changed the rear end a little, so maybe it's a slightly different look.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
vejita_13 said:
looks ok. why would they produce another version of it instead of offering a hardtop shell as an option like the porche boxter [if that IS an option, not sure on this one]. :wtf:

although, looks like they changed the rear end a little, so maybe it's a slightly different look.
Cause they just found the blueprint plans from the hardtop that was suppose to go with the other spec's.... :shrugs:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm not big into the 07+ miatas, the fender flares get to me... but the 06? in a heartbeat. Not to mention, rotary swaps are common, and that little chassis can HANDLE like a french hooker. I'm not digging how this coupe is designed... Looks like they stuck a removable hard-top on. There's a very nice hard-top available for the s2000 with a flared back end/lip-spoiler on it that they could take some ideas from.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I would buy one in a second.

Its a Mini-Cayman!(minus the engine being in the front)

·
Registered
853 Posts
pedram1370 said:
:wtf: :scared: i hate MX-5/ miatas :bang:
Lol, any Miata would wipe the floor with your GT. If you don't know how capable of a platform the Miata is...you should. The Miata is the top selling roadster in the states. It's cheap, it's light, it's rear wheel drive. On any given weekend, there are more Miatas on the race track than any other model.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
i've heard the NB Miata Coupe was a super special edition. Only a couple hundred were produced.... but on the other hand, I also heard it was just a prototype, never put into production.
If the new NC Miata's came out as a coupe, I'd line up for one (not like I wouldn't buy the convertible).

pedram1370 said:
I'd love to hear your reason for this. "It's a gay guy's car" or "its for girls" ?? Those are ignorant "Fast and the Furious" quotes. Miata's are the best selling convertible of all time. One of the most popular autox, tracked cars and there's a reason for that.
NB Miatas would wipeout a GT, easily.
Nineball said:
Not to mention, rotary swaps are common, and that little chassis can HANDLE like a french hooker.
the rotary swaps aren't as common as you think. a lot of swaps are with V8s. I'd personally do a 13b swap, and luckily theres a kit out there too. But then again, I love how my Miata is right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
GT-StreetCrime said:
pedram1370 said:
Lol, any Miata would wipe the floor with your GT. If you don't know how capable of a platform the Miata is...you should. The Miata is the top selling roadster in the states. It's cheap, it's light, it's rear wheel drive. On any given weekend, there are more Miatas on the race track than any other model.
it might smoke my GT but it still isnt my taste! :faint: mazda hasnt changed the body style for years! its good for the performance/ RWD and $ tho :gap:

1 - 20 of 134 Posts