NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
pedram1370 said:
:wtf: :scared: i hate MX-5/ miatas :bang:
wow, you must be the only one... but after seeing the celica on your picture... Im not surprised :gap:

I like older miatas though, the new ones feels too big for what its supposed to be. (at least the front end)

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
imp said:
pedram1370 said:
mazda hasnt changed the body style for years!
um...they changed it last year
They changed it for 06MY.
They had 89-97, 99-05, and 06+ (there is no 98 Miata so if someone tries to sell you one, they're scamming you)

ALSO

NONE of you people realized this simple fact

There already IS a Miata Coupe for sale, IN THE UNITED STATES

I recently looked into one (because Watkins Glen won't let you go on their track without a hard top) but the leases on them are insane - I pay $340 for my Z4 - they wanted $440 with $2500 down for the PRHT - the reason is simply that they are in such demand there is no reason to incentivize the lease whatsoever.
It was simply an awesome, awesome car - so much fun to drive and so perfectly balanced. Not a lot of power but you don't need much to have a blast in these cars.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
marc said:
They had 89-97, 99-05, and 06+ (there is no 98 Miata so if someone tries to sell you one, they're scamming you)

ALSO

NONE of you people realized this simple fact

There already IS a Miata Coupe for sale, IN THE UNITED STATES

I recently looked into one (because Watkins Glen won't let you go on their track without a hard top) but the leases on them are insane - I pay $340 for my Z4 - they wanted $440 with $2500 down for the PRHT - the reason is simply that they are in such demand there is no reason to incentivize the lease whatsoever.
It was simply an awesome, awesome car - so much fun to drive and so perfectly balanced. Not a lot of power but you don't need much to have a blast in these cars.
i wouldn't really call a PRHT a coupe, but i too have thought about this one or the ragtop.

·
15,579 Posts
Gas-n-Grease said:
i wouldn't really call a PRHT a coupe, but i too have thought about this one or the ragtop.
The softop is leasing for $199/month, the hardtop is going for $440/month.

I've decided to just track down an old Miata R from the mid-90s (I must always be with a convertible, and I'd rather have a dedicated hard top and a dedicated street convertible that I can maybe throw around in E-Stock from time to time).

Actually I'd be a fool not to take the $199/month lease and write it off as a tax deduction by leasing through my job.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
back looks awesome for a miata.

·
Super Moderator
43,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata MS-R

edmunds: FULL STORY
What Works:

Amazing reflexes, cornering grip and steering precision; ride comfort trade-off not as severe as expected.

What Needs Work:
No increase in horsepower because it's built to restrictive stock-class racing rules; a price tag only a serious racer could justify.

Bottom Line:
The MS-R package demonstrates just how much more handling can be squeezed out of the already-brilliant MX-5 Miata with careful suspension tuning. Hey, how about a full-factory version?

* 166-hp 2.0-liter inline-4 engine
* 5-speed manual transmission
* Track-tuned suspension
* Limited-slip differential

The Best-Handling Miata You'll Never Buy

·
15,579 Posts
Wow - that sounds incredible.

But I'm really really interested in that Z0K package for the Solstice - that might make the car worth owning! Especially if it comes on the Targa option (which you could take on the track without a full roll cage . . . . which has stopped me from taking my Z4 on Watkins Glen . . . . the Genesee Valley BMW Club SPECIFICALLY banned the Z4 from their track days. It sucks.)

·
15,579 Posts
doing more research on that Z0k package, for $1000 you get 245 sticky tires, upgraded brakes, track suspension and an LSD.

I gotta go drive this car.

Especially considering GM is even incentivizing this ride.

·
Super Moderator
43,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Driving the 20th Anniversary of a Great Idea
edmunds: FULL STORY
First Impressions:

Still unique, still important and still great.

* 170-hp 2.0-liter inline-4
* 6-speed manual transmission
* Revised 6-speed automatic transmission
* Retuned suspension

Whenever you speak with Kijima, you cannot complete more than a few sentences without him mentioning "lightweight sports." But as we inquired whether this philosophy of minimalism can survive the modern era, he replied, "Don't be surprised if the next-generation MX-5 is even smaller and lighter than this one. The market demands it and so do we."

21 - 40 of 134 Posts