NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
45,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.windingroad.com/trends/first-look-restyled-for-2009-ford-mustang
With the Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Camaro set to once again heat up the muscle car scene, Ford is preparing a comprehensive restyling for its 2009 Mustang, of which this is the first spotted prototype.

Our boys and gals at KGP Photography had but a split-second to grab this mule, which appears to have taken on a lot of the Los Angeles Auto Show Giugiaro Mustang Concept show car.

KGP Comments:

Ford has begun testing prototypes for its 2009 Mustang, which appears
to be destined for a serious mid-cycle makeover. We spotted this
prototype in heavy traffic for all of ten seconds, and managed a
drive-by photo-blitz as the

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Wow. after 2 years of production they already have to restyle it?

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
the new ones are ugly, but the old ones were not ugly, the "real mustang" died come the mid 70's.

For example of a real mustang, take my fathers:

/\ thats a mustang. These new ones I just hate. The interior feels like you are just sitting in plastic and the looks are boring. If Ford wants to make crazy sales with a new mustang, I really think they need to come up with a new styling that will truly change the mustang stance. They need to stop with the retro and create something new.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
GTsRasta said:
Looks....almost the same.

I still don't know how you guys could say no to this:

that is a super snake lol, no one in their right mind would say no to that.

Shelby mustang GT500 ($50k give or take) + Then you send it off to the shelby corportation who add some flare to it and bump it up to 725whp for another 15-20k = Shelby Super Snake, so in the end you have just spent about 70-80k on a Ford Mustang.... but its one rare bad ass mustang indeed.

I will say I like the kitted up mustangs, for example teh HERTZ rental racer looking mustangs, the new shelbys, the saleens, the roushe's... but the stock oem mustang looks to bland.

Theres a company down here in FL that for like 8-10 grand i think, im forgetting exactly, they remove the entire mustang roof and put in a tinted glass roof replacement which looks sick.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
GTsRasta said:
Looks....almost the same.

I still don't know how you guys could say no to this:

Top Gear drove a GT500. Then they drove a Mustang with the Roush suspension and said it was better. Then they drove Hammond's olde GT350 and said that was the best as it was the most fun - all 3 cars cost the same.

I think the GT500's 4000 lb curb weight had something to do with its lack of fun-to-drive factor.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Haha yea I know it's a supersnake. It doesn't have a warranty at 700+ hp, but it does have a warranty if you go for the 600+ hp option.

As for the handeling...my 2,500 lb Celica has spoiled me rotten. I already got my heart set on a MR2 Spyder or a Lotus for an even lighter, better handeling experience. I wouldn't expect a 4,000 lb car to turn good anyway. The factory supercharger and the supersnake kit is my weapon of choice to go fast in a straight line, cheaper than with a Z06 or a Dodge, and with more room to boost.

In any case, just buying the roush suspension parts would offset bad handeling. Or must they work together with the power adders?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts