NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
nhat179 said:
all mustang are ugly except Elenor :), i think she is Shelby GT500, right ?
Ahhh... another person who doesnt know american muscle car history :gap:

Eleanor was never a car in real life. Never produced or anything. Chip Foose designed the Eleanor car for the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. Since then there have been body kits to make your mustang look like the Eleanor movie car.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
I hope Ford does away with retro styling on this one. I wanna be able to look back and identify a car's era by how it looks.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
GTsRasta said:
Haha yea I know it's a supersnake. It doesn't have a warranty at 700+ hp, but it does have a warranty if you go for the 600+ hp option.

As for the handeling...my 2,500 lb Celica has spoiled me rotten. I already got my heart set on a MR2 Spyder or a Lotus for an even lighter, better handeling experience. I wouldn't expect a 4,000 lb car to turn good anyway. The factory supercharger and the supersnake kit is my weapon of choice to go fast in a straight line, cheaper than with a Z06 or a Dodge, and with more room to boost.

In any case, just buying the roush suspension parts would offset bad handeling. Or must they work together with the power adders?
the Top Gear Roush had 415 hp and the suspension, and lapped a few seconds quicker than the GT500

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
I'm saying what if you just get a supersnake and just the roush suspension package? I'd do that instead.

And yes, I've already seen the videos a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
43,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sWEF6Cdwea8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On this episode of HOT ROD Garage, presented by Lincoln Tech we're kicking off 2015 with a new project car, the EBC Brakes 2005 Mustang GT. Our plan for this car is simple: build an S197 Mustang with easy bolt-on parts to answer all the basic questions we read on every Mustang forum on the Internet. Our goal is to have an affordable daily driver that can also handle a weekend autocross or open-track day. Here in the first installment, we're lowering the car as affordably as possible with Ford Racing K springs, telling you the exact wheel and tire specs for a perfect fit, and making it stop more reliably with EBC Brakes stock-replacement rotors and Yellowstuff pads. Best of all, we test the performance once we're done. Come back to HOT ROD Garage in coming episodes to see more on the EBC Brakes Mustang.

·
Super Moderator
43,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XwuWyCT3IBI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On this episode of HOT ROD Garage, presented by Lincoln Tech, we look at the EBC Brakes 2005 Mustang GT project car. This is based on the premise that the '05-'10 Mustangs with the 4.6L three-valve V8s have gotten affordable to drive, and they can be hopped up inexpensively and easily, and they make make a fun daily drivers and occasional auto-crossers or open-track cars.

In this episode, we're looking for a little more power. The 4.6 three-valves need a lot of work if you plan to make big power, and in that case you should look for a power adder like a blower or nitrous. With or without a power adder, long-tube headers are one of the best add-ons for these engines, but those are illegal in many areas. That's why, for the EBC Brakes Mustang, we decided to keep it as simple as possible. We installed a Ford Racing cold-air kit and an SCT custom tune, and made surprisingly good power at the wheels. We will also let you hear the difference in sound between JBA mufflers and Ford Racing FR500S mufflers.

The air box tested here is the same type used on 2008 Mustang Bullitts from the factory. It fits '05-'09 Mustang GTs, but not 2010s due to the change in body style that year. The part number of the cold air kit alone is M-9603-M463. The kit that includes the cold air setup plus the required custom tune in a handheld device is M-9603-GTB.

·
Super Moderator
43,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CFNQvDAiyLk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On this episode of HOT ROD Garage, presented by Lincoln Tech, we jump back into the suspension of our EBC Brakes 2005 Mustang GT, with a complete handling package from Ford Performance Racing including full front strut assemblies, sway bars, pan- hard bar, and more. We also install and explain why the addition of caster/camber plates and a strut tower brace is easy and extremely beneficial towards this application.

At the end of it all, we take the EBC Brakes Mustang back to the Autocross and see how much of an improvement we made this time.

·
Super Moderator
43,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R_sfrilR4hw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
On this episode it's the final installment of the EBC Brakes 2005 Mustang project car, we get it ready to stand out in traffic and throw in a Dana Performance one-piece aluminum driveshaft. Eagle 1 comes in to show us a really cool new clay mitt, which works like a clay bar but is much faster and easier. You'll also see how to install vinyl tape stripes without loading them full of bubbles. We'll wrap with an extra long question and answer session with Mike Finnegan and David Freiburger of Roadkill.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts