NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder if this is the right place for this.- new car purchasing advise-

well im wondering wether i should add a g35 to the carport. (my fiances credit application )
dealer is asking 37msrp

grand for a 2006 g35 sport pacage 6 speed, black, with sunroof. @ 720 dollars amonth for 5 years- interest at apr- 9.75 and 6 grand down. all this because she has no credit.

i am guessing if she does all this maybe down the road she can get approved for a more kick ass car.
what do you all think. i think they said the six speed with lsd is rated @ 290 hp.

advise if all this looks normal for this car. she's dead serious about this car, so not sure if theirs others i should try to convince her about. no altimas/maximas/350z/s2000/mustangs/..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
720 bucks a month?! screw that noise..no car is worth that much to me..unless your fiance is rollin in the dough i would in no way get a car with that kind of monthly payment..id get depressed everytime i saw almost a grand a month disapear to a car payment..you can find a whooole lot better looking and performing cars if shes willing to spend money like that.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
dont get me wrong a g35 is a sweet car..is she looking new/used? if you can get her to go used i would look for a 04+g35..check out lexus as well..

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no she wants new, yeah its a lot of money for montly payments. but shes 23 and no credit.

the monthly payments are not a problem, i can help her out, im just wondering if she will have a kick ass credit when shes done.

so would it be worth it then??

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
elcelicagts said:
im just wondering if she will have a kick ass credit when shes done.

so would it be worth it then??
not for the sake of building credit.........
get a credit card & pay it off every month.....

That rate seems too high.... & @ MSRP??? your nuts...

If MSRP is 37K... you should be able to get close to $3k under that..

dealer is very happy to screw her both ways till Sunday.... high rate & full price.... run... don't walk ....away...

Research more exact pricing & financing for your specifics on some place like Edmunds.com

With your quote... that $37K car will have cost around $50K when she's done.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2way said:
not for the sake of building credit.........
get a credit card & pay it off every month.....

That rate seems too high.... & @ MSRP??? your nuts...

If MSRP is 37K... you should be able to get close to $3k under that..

dealer is very happy to screw her both ways till Sunday.... high rate & full price.... run... don't walk ....away...

Research more exact pricing & financing for your specifics on some place like Edmunds.com

With your quote... that $37K car will have cost around $50K when she's done.
you are right, i guess its back to the scion tc then. i guess i really needed a reality check. its just that its a sexy ass car man. but truth be told she should have been building her credit a long time ago. and if i let her do this, she would be repeating my mistake with the celica.

5 down high interest msrp @ 25k and when im done 33k for my 03 gts.

so down payment for a 37 k car should be around 3 grand?

·
Registered
774 Posts
elcelicagts said:
i wonder if this is the right place for this.- new car purchasing advise-

well im wondering wether i should add a g35 to the carport. (my fiances credit application )
dealer is asking 37msrp

grand for a 2006 g35 sport pacage 6 speed, black, with sunroof. @ 720 dollars amonth for 5 years- interest at apr- 9.75 and 6 grand down. all this because she has no credit.

i am guessing if she does all this maybe down the road she can get approved for a more kick ass car.
what do you all think. i think they said the six speed with lsd is rated @ 290 hp.

advise if all this looks normal for this car. she's dead serious about this car, so not sure if theirs others i should try to convince her about. no altimas/maximas/350z/s2000/mustangs/..
Use the money on some spelling lessons..

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
jayspeedy24 said:
720 bucks a month?! screw that noise..no car is worth that much to me..unless your fiance is rollin in the dough i would in no way get a car with that kind of monthly payment..id get depressed everytime i saw almost a grand a month disapear to a car payment..you can find a whooole lot better looking and performing cars if shes willing to spend money like that.
Interest at 9 percent isnt all that bad. But either way, how does it add up to 720 a month? 37k minus 6k down and 9 % I came up with 540 ish a month.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I would go for the scion as it would help her build credit, along with more manageable payments. What would her insurance be on that car?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
insurance on the g35 would be 120 a month- full coverage.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
Interest at 9 percent isnt all that bad. But either way, how does it add up to 720 a month? 37k minus 6k down and 9 % I came up with 540 ish a month.

hmm, yeah im going to go in tommorow and find out exactly what the deal is. but still what i dont get is how they charge way more for the car when you dont got credit. he said 9.75 apr i think. ill go tommorow first chance i get.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
no i agree 9 % intrest is not at all bad its just the payment that got me..i guess bc im just a poor airmen..thats like 3 of my celica payments rolled in one...but overall yeah you will be paying around 50k after its all said and done but you can get it refianced which would help build bank credit..

·
15,530 Posts
elcelicagts said:
so down payment for a 37 k car should be around 3 grand?
No, I meant you should be able to get the price down by close to 3k. Even more so, as Infiniti has a $2K cash to dealer incentive going on until the end of July. Current loan rate from my Credit Union on a new car is 5.99% (5.74% if you apply online). Yes, it is a nice car. Shop for both the car & the financing. Do the background research @ edmunds.com, kbb.com, aaa.com or some other site.

Debt is not how you build credit, it's how you build debt. Credit is built by paying your bills..in full... & on time.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2way said:
No, I meant you should be able to get the price down by close to 3k. Even more so, as Infiniti has a $2K cash to dealer incentive going on until the end of July. Current loan rate from my Credit Union on a new car is 5.99% (5.74% if you apply online). Yes, it is a nice car. Shop for both the car & the financing. Do the background research @ edmunds.com, kbb.com, aaa.com or some other site.

Debt is not how you build credit, it's how you build debt. Credit is built by paying your bills..in full... & on time.

right on, thanks bro. ill be sure to look into all of this today, before i go and speak to this sales person.

·
15,530 Posts
& to your other question regarding downpayment.... it could depend on their risk assessment... as a general idea... for a new car.. downpayments are usually 0-10%... for a used car 5-25%.

Last NEW car I bought was the Avalon in '96.... NO MONEY down... it was a low rate from TMCC... and I only did 2 yrs.... that was one hella monthly payment...lol.... but it worked out very well... stock market kept me up for the 2 yrs... so the car was almost essentially free:D

I did have to tell the dealer to resubmit the loan for the whole thing - twice... they 1st submitted it w/a downpayment....... I had a lot of fun with that purchase.... they kept asking me "Are you sure? That's a $30K car.".... LOL... (remember that was $30K in '96 $'s) came back approved, no problem. When I was 1st looking... I wasn't sure what I was going to get... 6th gen Celica, 4Runner, didn't like the Camrys that year (very sloppy handling & the Sport version wasn't available in the Northeast)... looked @ Salesman when he said "You really don't know what you want." I told him... "I may not know which model, but see the car I'm trading - an '86 Camry w/254K miles on the original clutch & tranny that still gets 36mpg - I'm buying a Toyota....... the only question is whether or not I'm buying it from you." You should've seen the look on his face :rofl:

I financed the Celica(used)... that was 5% down.... so.. I still have credit:chuckles:

Good luck. Let us know what you discover and don't be afraid to walk away from the salesman... they'll still call you back... and there are other Infiniti dealers;)

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
$750 a month for a car. I pay that in rent. Seriously, as much as you and her want it. Think about overall costs. It is going to be ~$900 with insurance, plus gas, maintenance, and what not. That is pretty unreasonable for a 23 year old.

If she wants one that bad, get used, you will save $10k in most cases and that is good for another $200 off the payment (possibly).

I would still recommend staying with something more practical. Or getting used.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you are looking to build her credit and she wants a car...get her a used car or the cheapest new car you can find for right now. Let her keep it for 1 -
1 1/2 yrs and then trade it in on something she really wants. Within that year get her a credit card of some type and build her credit. Usually credit companies want to see at least 1-2 open accounts with credit. A car loan will help build her credit, but that won't help her build it by itself. A car loan and a credit car...that'll help! Believe me, I'm in the credit business...LOL!! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts