NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to buy my girl a tc scion, what would you make sure the scion tc came with/?? and would you get the charger from trd for it out of the dealer??????? looking for tc owner or people with good advice.

we are for sure getting the tc for her.

thank you,

·
Registered
200 Posts
well tc's equipped all the same its the accessories where u choose what u want on the car or not, the benefits of gettin the trd charger and installed there is that its warrantied, and the cost is anywhere from 3500-4000 installed, but u cant finance the car and the charger together at the dealership it has to be two seperate transactions due to legal issues with the government since the car doesnt come stock with the charger and its an option and dealership installed that they wont let u put the price of the charger on top of the car and finanace it. accessories wise, the upgraded stereo is cool, the exhaust is nice, the spring and shock kit, lip kit is clean, spoiler wise theres a nice one that kaminari makes i wouldnt get the factory spoilers, other than that its all on you

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got back from the dealer, mind set on the flint mica 07 tc scion manual.
just wondering what others think about the trd charger?? or would it be better to save the money for a turbo?

·
Registered
37 Posts
the trd supercharger has known to break and spill oil all over the place from the combination of: aggressive driving, aftermarket headers (the heat is the problem), and higher boost pullies. toyota is catching on that these supercharger problems are related to aftermarket engine modifications. if you keep the rest of the engine stock, the charger will last you a long time. most dealers are charging about $4200 installed.

the tC is 5x100 with a offset similar to the celica. the front brakes are also the same.

checkout this turbo tc
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7a2egrK0SQQ

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
3500$ supercharger.... 3500$ for 40hp.. wooooo.

I guess im biased, i hate the tc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts