NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition - be part of a very exclusive winning team
New Special Edition commemorates historic first season GT3 Championship win

This year in partnership with the Cadena racing team, Lotus entered eighteen rounds of the British GT3 Championship with the stunning new Lotus Sport Exige GT3 racecar. The season finished with the Lotus Sport Cadena Race Team being crowned British GT3 Team Champions, with one race still remaining from their inaugural season of competition.

To celebrate this outstanding success, Lotus has launched the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition. Based on the phenomenally quick standard-production Lotus Exige S, the Lotus Exige S British GT Special Edition pays homage to the success of the Lotus Sport Exige GT3 racecar. Each vehicle features a quad-stripe paint scheme and is individually identifiable by uniquely numbered

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
:drool:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Sweet SWEET SAAAWEEEEET!!!! I think it needs some side skirts though, the front bumper doesn't flow into the rocker panels very well.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
I saw an Blue Elise sitting in a lot near the lake by my house on Sunday. I almost ran off the road oogleing it.

God I want a Lotus.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I just got around to reading the article i found this interesting...

In addition to forcing more output from the 1.8-liter four, the blower allowed Lotus to remap the engine to include, for the first time, variable-rpm cam switching. Whereas the unblown Exige engine was compromised by a dramatic dip in torque around 5,200 rpm...
no dip in torque...interesting.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:

In addition to forcing more output from the 1.8-liter four, the blower allowed Lotus to remap the engine to include, for the first time, variable-rpm cam switching. Whereas the unblown Exige engine was compromised by a dramatic dip in torque around 5,200 rpm...
I believe they have lift coming on at 4K with the S/C :drool: I too crave this power.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
if only our celica's was rear wheel drive/ and 500 pound lighter.

·
Registered
936 Posts
jlitman said:
Carbonized_GT said:

I believe they have lift coming on at 4K with the S/C :drool: I too crave this power.
I would very interesting to see if this possible on a GTS..... I hope it is. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 260 Posts