NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
B) The car goes nowhere near its indicated speed, doesn't accelerate anywhere near its indicated acceleration features, and gets about half the advertised range.
Have you driven one, or did you find a reputable article from geocities?

Somebody in my neighborhood owns one of these little roadsters. It's a beautiful car, and having been behind him on a metered on-ramp, I can tell you that it accelerates very quickly.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Have you driven one, or did you find a reputable article from geocities?

Somebody in my neighborhood owns one of these little roadsters. It's a beautiful car, and having been behind him on a metered on-ramp, I can tell you that it accelerates very quickly.
No, I've followed the saga on TTAC from the very beginning, including the split between Eberhard and Musk.

I've learned about how customers put down deposits, never got deliveries until years after they were promised a car, and how when they got their cars the range was half what was advertised, and how they were retrofitted with a one speed transmission which severely slowed the car down, since the multi-speed transmissions didn't work as advertised.

The same thing will happen with the model S sedan. Hype will be sold, it will fall on its face when delivered.

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Tesla Roadster Sport vs. Lotus Elise SC

Tesla vs. Lotus - Racing
Electric Boogaloo: A battle of electron orbits and benzene rings around a 30-second autocross course.

Yet the times are remarkably close. After five runs in each car, and then another two in each (to minimize the learning curve effect of both the cars and course), the best time differed by just 0.26 sec. (Lotus, 30.54; Tesla, 30.80) with the average times for each car being 31.18 and 31.45 sec., respectively.

Had the course been a little more open, the Tesla

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Update!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1249969&showID=78"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1249969&showID=78" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Fantastic car.

I hope this becomes a trend and the brand gets even better by the time I'm ready for my mid-life crisis. :chuckles:

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Update!

Tesla recalls Roadster for short in power cable, fire risk
Tesla Motors is recalling its electric Roadster 2.0 and 2.5 models because a power cable may short and catch fire.

The 12-volt cable, located behind the right-front headlight, could rub against the carbon-fiber paneling causing the cable to short, begin smoking and possibly catch fire, Tesla said.

The cable is part of a backup system that powers the headlights, taillights, turn signals and airbags if the primary 12-volt cable fails.

Tesla will notify 439 Roadster owners of the recall and send a service team to their homes to check the placement of the cable and install a protective sleeve.

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Tesla Roadster Racer
This year’s edition of the Race of Champions marked the debut of a racing incarnation of the Tesla Roadster. The vehicle entered our world at full throttle, being manhandled by Formula One champions Sebastian Vettel and Alain Prost. The vehicle probably offered an interesting experience, as it was situated at the other end of the sound scale, compared to the other racers included in the event.

In order to be eligible for racing ,the vehicle was fitted with motorsport equipment aimed at increasing the level of safety. The car was gifted with elements such as a rollcage, special signalized tow elements and an electric circuit kill switch. The front passenger seat was removed, while the driver’s seat was replaced with a racing one that is built from carbon fiber. Of course, a motorsport harness is also included in the package.

No modifications were brought to the electric drive system, which means that the F1 drivers received the same performance offered by the street version of the car. To be more precise, the vehicle manages to deal with the 0 to 62 mph sprint in 3.8 seconds and offers a top speed of 125 mph (201 km/h).

"I’m lucky to have had a ride in the Tesla Roadster and I was really impressed. It’s silent but blindingly quick! I’m proud that The Race of Champions is leading the way in promoting green technologies in motorsport and it was fantastic to see – but not hear – such great drivers pushing the Tesla hard around this track," said Fredrik Johnsson, one of the founders of the Race Of Champions.

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Tesla reveals Roadster art car
The company collaborated with digital artist, Laurence Gartel, who wrapped every body panel with this digital swirl design "to break ground in the automotive and art worlds".

The one-off Roadster, which was displayed and toured around Miami beach, accelerates from 0-60mph in just 3.7 seconds and has a range of over 200 miles.

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Brabus Tesla
Tuning company Brabus has teamed up with German electricity company RWE to create a ‘Green’ package for the Tesla Roadster.

The package includes a quick charging station for the owner’s garage and more than 18,500 miles worth of electric power, courtesy of RWE: this means that the Tesla Roadster can be fully charged in around six hours for an operating range of up to 220 miles.

Exterior features include carbonfibre splitter, spoiler, LED daytime running lights and 18-inch front and 19-inch rear Monoblock S alloy wheels. On the inside, the interior can be specified in a combination of perforated leather and Alcantara and even with a leather covered floor.

As with Brabus’s previous Tesla examples, the Roadster features sound synthesiser, which can replicate the grunt of a V8 engine, a race car or two futuristic soundscapes, according to the company.

·
Super Moderator
43,810 Posts
Update!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sni00T5NlUM" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

41 - 60 of 60 Posts