NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
No, i would rather have the twin turbo E92 BMW 335ci. For the US$8300 price difference between the 2 I could tune the 335ci (engine and suspension) to kill that M3 around the track. Then i would have the sleeper and you would be the cop magnet. My insurance would probably be much much lower too.

Don't even try to whine about turbo lag. The 335ci will be at full boost @ 1300rpm.

· NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
30,387 Posts
SWPLGT05 said:
No, i would rather have the twin turbo E92 BMW 335ci. For the US$8300 price difference between the 2 I could tune the 335ci (engine and suspension) to kill that M3 around the track. Then i would have the sleeper and you would be the cop magnet. My insurance would probably be much much lower too.

Don't even try to whine about turbo lag. The 335ci will be at full boost @ 1300rpm.
As much as I have a hard on for the 335ci, and will say that yes, it has already been tuned to 400 hp while getting 28 mpg on the highway, you can NOT tune the chassis to compete with the M3 on a track.

The M3 will be coming with over 400 hp, will weigh less than the 335ci, will have better gearing, beefier brakes, and most importantly, will have the M-differential (335ci has an open diff with traction control). It will also have much better throttle response so its 30-50 etc will blow the 335 out of the water.

So, for the price difference you will NOT be able to make a 335 keep up with the M3 - if it could have been done, BMW would have done it already - you could spend more than the cost of a new M3 and get your 335 to probably keep up or go faster, but I'd rather have the whole package, under warranty.

· Administrator
70,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New BMW M3's options list

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62881
PDF: http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/newm3info.pdf
Some interesting points:

1) in addition to the M-Drive option, there will also be an Active Steering Option (many thought this wouldn't be offered)

2) Comfort Access provides keyless engine start

3) Provessional Navigation system provides an 8.8 screen and a separate players for dvd and cd, while the Business navigation system provides a smaller screen and only a dvd player for the map dvd. (or so it seems to be implied)

4) Rear sun shade ("rear screen roller blind") comes standard

5) I-drive is not standard equpiment (Radio BMW Professional is) which means that many M specific options (such as M-drive configuration) won't be available unless you purchase I-drive

Discuss. :eatpop:

· Registered
2,161 Posts
neological said:
I already hate that car. It looks worse than a Camry.

Drop the IS-F motor into a camry, make it AWD, manual. Better car.
IMO the SE Camrys are damn good looking cars for their segment, by far the best in their class. So don't hate on them too much; they look great for what they are supposed to be :wiggle:

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.