NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Mugen Honda Fit
There's usually less than a week between the time a new vehicle is introduced by Honda and Mugen debuts its own hotted up version. Such is the case with the 2008 Honda Fit, also known as the Jazz in other markets, including Japan. The 2008 Fit was revealed by Honda last Thursday, and not four days later do we have the Mugen version. The splash page on Mugen's website is of course in Japanese, so we found out the details elsewhere and can tell you that Mugen will be offering two body kits for the Fit. The RS body kit (shown above) will be aggressive, or at least more so than the L/G Aero kit, and both will include new front and rear bumpers, side skirts, a roof spoiler and chrome exhaust tip. Other accessories like alloy wheels, aluminum pedals, different gauges, a sports exhaust, stiffer suspension and the like will also be available. No word on any force fed assistance for the Fit's little 1.5L powerplant, but we'll keep you posted if we hear anything.

Is go.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
For shame Honda...for shame...

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
I think this move honda is doing with mugen parts is for the better. Start having the civic and fit be more of competition for the scion market by offering factory aftermarket parts.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
silverCELICAgt-s said:
I think this move honda is doing with ricer merchandise is for the better. Start having the civic and fit be more of competition for the scion market by offering rice direct from the factory.
Edited for more truth

I hope this and the Mugen Civic sales hit rock bottom so Honda gets off this ridiculous path they have started...Scion makes money no doubt...but damn, money can be made in other ways while still retaining an ounce of self respect/image as a car manufacturer...Factory rice is NOT cool, and I'd hate that when next I go to buy a car almost every make and model has an optional "rice package".

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I hate to agree with teh memphizzzz but I do agree that this is a waste of space and money. Fits weren't designed for performance, they were about gas economy...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think those who figured out Honda/Mugen are trying to compete in the car customization got it right. The Toyota folks crave TRD and the Honda peeps the same with Mugen. Toyota come rice from the factory as well, all body panels with no performance mod (ie. Corolla, Camry, Solara, Yaris and the Celica etc).

·
Registered
853 Posts
It looks cool. Also looks to be lower with a set of nicer wheels and a dual outlet exhaust. They should offer a supercharger as an option like TRD does for the Scions and 1ZZs or a K20 lol.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
:jerkoff:

Whatever. If Honda actually brings out that CR-X/Z thing I might take notice. The Fit is a miserable econo-turd, only sporty in comparison to the Yaris, which is an even greater econo-turd.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
jlitman said:
:jerkoff:

Whatever. If Honda actually brings out that CR-X/Z thing I might take notice. The Fit is a miserable econo-turd, only sporty in comparison to the Yaris, which is an even greater econo-turd.
Actually the Fit is sporty compared to a ton of cars out there - its a blast to drive. Think Miata hatchback in terms of entertainment value.

That said, the Mugen Fit should either bring a K20 to the table or go home.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The Fit is one of the only other Honda cars besides the NSX to share a Space Frame chassis with many laser weldings at strategic points. Many praise its chassis to be comparable to that of many European sports cars.
Only the ignorant will know nothing.

My only gripe is that Mugen should've gone with the Fit Professional rear bumper.

·
Oh Hai
4,252 Posts
at least it looks better than the mugen civic.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Transcend said:
The Fit is one of the only other Honda cars besides the NSX to share a Space Frame chassis with many laser weldings at strategic points. Many praise its chassis to be comparable to that of many European sports cars.
Only the ignorant will know nothing.

My only gripe is that Mugen should've gone with the Fit Professional rear bumper.
although i agree with you... but it would be nice to have a K20 under the hood and 4-disc brakes, lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
this will not be a case of factory rice. there is absolutely no talk of a mugen fit stateside. this car shown above is a 2008 jdm fit with mugen parts and this is only on mugens web page and has nothing directly to do with usdm fits. usdm 2008 fits are same as 07 we will get the facelift next year with new style headlights and slightly larger overall body with only a 22lb increase in overall weight and about 120hp possible 4wheel disc brakes. ive seen the euro and jdm versions they have a huge glass roof as an option like the old crx had in japan. and as far as forced induction go to fitfreak.net look up kraftwerks supercharger. joint venture between jackson racing and skunk2 working on two rotrex s/c kits, oh and back to the mugen thing none of those body parts will bolt on a usdm fit with out converting the bumpers to jdm spec. usdm bumpers stick out further. but the suspension goodies will.

i laugh when i here the mugen bashing around here if honda wanted the mugen civic to sell well dont you think they would have made more than 1000 of them. i would drive the mugen si over an "srt4" anyday

s = street
r = racing
t = tool
4 = what i have no idea its still a neon! but its got a supra wing < factory rice

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
the end of your post was irrelevant...

And if Honda made more than 1000 Mugen SI's my god would they be in the hole with that product...

And the fact you would pay 30k for a civic is hilarious...

Please keep in mind I drove a Honda for a very long time, made it go quite fast and know a good deal about them. But I call a spade a spade...You should try it.

Oh and yea, the 30k Mugen SI...is still...guess what...you guessed it...A CIVIC!!! lol twist on the old and seriously played out "It's still a Neon" thing...Only difference...I wouldn't pay 30k for a Neon (hell I wouldn't pay 20k)...but you'd clearly drop 30 large on a Civic.. Pot calling the kettle black much??

·
It is known.
8,235 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
Oh and yea, the 30k Mugen SI...is still...guess what...you guessed it...A CIVIC!!! lol twist on the old and seriously played out "It's still a Neon" thing...Only difference...I wouldn't pay 30k for a Neon (hell I wouldn't pay 20k)...but you'd clearly drop 30 large on a Civic.. Pot calling the kettle black much??
I will agree with this.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
the end of your post was irrelevant...

And if Honda made more than 1000 Mugen SI's my god would they be in the hole with that product...

And the fact you would pay 30k for a civic is hilarious...

Please keep in mind I drove a Honda for a very long time, made it go quite fast and know a good deal about them. But I call a spade a spade...You should try it.

actually your dead wrong i wouldnt pay 30k for anything i buy my cars used because i prefer to change everything to my own tastes. i said i would DRIVE a mugen si before i would be seen in public in a srt4. any car can be made fast. only thing im trying to state here is you all need to stop hating on honda when they are building good cars that hold value. as far as im concerned you need to take it back to the racing forum. lord knows i hit a soft spot with your neon hell i wouldnt buy a srt4 for 10g sure its fast but still ugly.

id suggest a name change for u "RickybobbyStylez" a cars value is not based on straight line speed but how it performs in all aspects of its use. i am one of those people who prefers quality over performance. by todays standards honda has much higher quality than most.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts