NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 LS 600h L
Lexus unveiled the all-new 2008 LS 600h L hybrid luxury sedan at a press conference today at the 2006 New York International Automobile Show. Scheduled to arrive in Spring 2007, the all-wheel-drive LS 600h L will be the world

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Leg rests? WTF? Thats kinda cool though I guess. I agree it's going to cost a butt load.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
ok wait...so this car is only 4 passenger seat car? i think that would be the down side of this car? i thkn its a waste of space to put that cd player or whatever that is in the middel of the back seat

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ch33z said:
ok wait...so this car is only 4 passenger seat car? i think that would be the down side of this car? i thkn its a waste of space to put that cd player or whatever that is in the middel of the back seat

true, but think about who will be the target market of this car. It will be older people w/o children. Im expecting to see this as a limo car kinda like an A8.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I've read about this. I'd opt out of having it for a few years until they fine-tune the system.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
At least it didn't crash like the Mercedes auto braking system test where they forgot to turn it on.

Is this seriously an issue? They need to bring back the parking requirement for driver's licenses.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
neological said:
Is this seriously an issue? They need to bring back the parking requirement for driver's licenses.
:werd:

Well that takes the fun outta parking. I'd rather do the job myself rather than risk the computer messing up for whatever reason and causing damage.

C'mon guys, parking isn't hard. :thumbdown

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
I had to parallel park in a fvcking full size GMC suburban for my drivers test......I failed.........then had to re-take in a Ford Crown Victoria......damned parents couldn't own a small car.

I honestly never had to parallel park until I moved to San Diego......pretty easy in a Celica :chuckles:

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I just had a horrifying vision of parallel parking my car in 2050 while some young punk in an Evo XXIV behind me gets in his car and presses the "auto un-park" button followed by the "drive me home" button.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
neological said:
I just had a horrifying vision of parallel parking my car in 2050 while some young punk in an Evo XXIV behind me gets in his car and presses the "auto un-park" button followed by the "drive me home" button.
:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
46,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BHam00GT-S said:
I've read about this. I'd opt out of having it for a few years until they fine-tune the system.
Yeah, just one little glitch and Toyota/Lexus get's a lawsuit.

LightningRod said:
Well that takes the fun outta parking. I'd rather do the job myself rather than risk the computer messing up for whatever reason and causing damage.

C'mon guys, parking isn't hard. :thumbdown
The Japanese like to push the envelope with technology and that's cool. But for us "lazy American's" this like an electoric valet.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
neological said:
pssh but I would be doing his girlfriend because she would want a real man who can park his own car

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Lexus LS 460

Lexus LS 460
By Jay Shoemaker
November 13th, 2006

Driving a Mercedes E63 AMG just prior to testing the Lexus LS 460 was a big mistake. The German and Japanese machines define the opposite poles of the luxury sedan spectrum. The E63 is for driving enthusiasts. The LS 460 is for people who hate cars.

At first glance, the LS 460 has finally stopped cribbing its design cues from Mercedes

1 - 20 of 147 Posts