NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mitsubishi Motors To Unveil All-New Lancer Sports Sedan
PRESS RELEASE said:
Ninety years after starting car production (with the 1917 Model-A), Mitsubishi has embarked upon its most ambitious automotive project ever through the launch of its first global platform.

Known as "Project Global", and already successfully previewed with the second generation Outlander, it will be showcased at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit by its highest volume variant: the all-new 4-door Lancer sports sedan.

Dynamic

Designed at Mitsubishi Motors studios in Europe and Japan, the Lancer sports sedan shares its stunning design language with the much-acclaimed Mitsubishi Design Europe-penned 2005 Concept-X and Concept-Sportback show cars.

Its low stance, long hood / short deck proportions, wide track, trademark "shark nose" and distinctively deep set "eyes", all bring a new meaning to the concept of sports sedans - very much in line with both Mitsubishi's "Japanese Modern" design philosophy and its peerless credentials within 45 years of racing.

To be launched progressively in world markets from Spring 2007 (North America), the Lancer sports sedan will form a full family of cars with dynamic qualities to match their looks all across the range: from entry models (1.5 litre 110 ps engine in Europe) right up to the all-new Lancer Evolution supercar, including diesel power (Europe), a high performance 2.0 litre turbo gasoline version and other variants.

Global

Representing a multi-million dollar investment, "Project Global" will support the launch of several new Mitsubishi vehicles over the next few years, designed from the outset for world markets, i.e.: with the built-in flexibility required to accommodate regional needs and regulations as well as market trends and new customer demands in markets as diverse as Japan, North America, Russia, Asia-Pacific and Europe.

As a further evidence of its adaptability, models from business partners DaimlerChrysler A.G. - with which it was co-developed - and P.S.A. Peugeot Citroen* are / will also be based on this global platform.

Along those lines, "Project Global" will also enable the introduction of the "World Engine" family of powerplants. Co-engineered with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai Motor Company, the engines to be used in Mitsubishi vehicles have been modified by the company for individual market and model use.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Here are real pics:

Looks like Mitsubishi is actually trying to make cars that look halfway decent for a change. :chuckles: Not exactly sporty like the concept, and the front end is a bit awkward, but the rest is definitely nice and a bit upscale looking.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The only thing good about it is the S-AWC system thats coming out. Thats the reason I'm buying it.

·
Super Moderator
43,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

SOURCE
Mitsubishi will introduce the all-new 2008 Lancer compact sport sedan at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The new-generation Lancer models arrive in Mitsubishi dealerships in early 2007, drawing on the lines of the Mitsubishi Concept-X first shown in 2005. The car features a "shark-nosed" front end inspired by jet fighter air intakes, a distinct wedge-like profile and crisp, taut lines, the company said. The car is based on a new global platform that also forms the foundation of the new Mitsubishi Outlander SUV.

All Lancers will be powered by an all-new 2.0-liter 152-horsepower four-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. The new Lancer will also be the first Mitsubishi in North America to offer an optional continuously variable transmission. Mitsubishi says the Lancer will be available in three levels of trim and driving dynamics: DE, ES and the sport-tuned GTS.

I want to like this car, but I'm not feeling it at the moment. I can only imagine what the new EVO will look like.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Evo = wider stance and wheel well flares. I like it better than some of the early artists' impressions ... Once the tuner community has the MIVEC 4G63 figured out I'll consider trading up. Until then I'll stay with my hand ...

1 - 20 of 184 Posts