NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 80 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I would buy... I'm always a fan with the EVO since I was 10 (I was in the PI back then haha).. VI is my favorite, one of this days.

·
Super Moderator
43,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Lancer Ralliart
FULL STORY
The new Lancer Ralliart reinforces the sporty identity of the Lancer lineup (Lancer, Lancer Ralliart and Lancer Evolution) with aggressive styling and driving performance that creates a unique product between the Lancer GTS 2.4 and the Lancer Evolution models. The Lancer Ralliart makes effective use of the Lancer's rigid unibody and four-wheel independent suspension by mating this capable chassis to a turbocharged engine and all-wheel-drive.

Mechanical
Lancer Ralliart is powered by the new 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC inter-cooled and turbocharged engine (also used in the Lancer Evolution) that develops an estimated 235 horsepower. The engine is mated to Mitsubishi's efficient Twin Clutch-SST gearbox that helps enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle by allowing the driver to execute lightning-quick, silky-smooth, paddle-actuated shifts. The TC-SST transmission also operates in fully automatic modes for Normal and Sport driving conditions.
The Lancer Ralliart's full-time 4WD drive-line features Mitsubishi's Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch center differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions to realize the best balance between steering response and traction characteristics on Tarmac, Gravel, or Snow surfaces.
Lancer Ralliart is also equipped with front helical limited slip differential and a rear differential mechanical limited slip differential.

Design
Elaborating on the basic sporty design and proportions of the Lancer, the Lancer Ralliart exterior is distinguished by its more aggressively styled front bumper design, rear bumper cover, dual outlet muffler and a lightweight aluminum, ducted hood that delivers cooling air to the turbocharger.
The interior design places greater emphasis on function and vehicle control. Lancer Ralliart is equipped with FAST key, Bluetooth

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Yes, this does look to be a much more attractive car than the WRX.

Waiting for some NABISCO kool-aid drinker to come in and start yelling "EJ Boxer! SYMMETRICAL AWD! SUBARU FTW4EVA!"

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Burrcold said:
I wonder when it will be available. I think I may have found my next car (assuming the next gen TSX sticks with FWD, and not the rumored SH-AWD).
ive heard these rumors and also possible change to the rdx's turbo 4 in the tsx as an option but still only a rumor. this being an acura tho i bet the mitsu will be priced better. tough choice tho if tsx does get these upgrades, it would be nice to see honda make some alternative drivetrains not just there usual fwd stuff year after year.

like who wouldnt want s2000 non removeable hard top at a better price point like the 350z in that mid to high 20's price point. lighter faster cheaper sounds like a winner

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
KAT_Ayanami said:
Why would you need headlights with manual leveling??

I have seen them and still dont know what are they good for...
I was told it's for when you are towing something. The weight on the back forces the back of the car down, so the front of the car goes up and your light are no longer on the road they are on the other drivers. I could see that happening if you turned the car on, they auto-leveled, then you dropped a trailer on it. Otherwise if you put the trailer on first, I'd imagine your lights would autolevel okay.

Who knows.

61 - 80 of 184 Posts