NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
marc said:
Volvos typically drive like ****
I would not be surprised if this one did as well

Built on the Mazda3 platform, so I expect it to be pretty darn good in the twisties. If I remember correctly, it should be a T5, I think it is pushing 220hp stock, which is kind of low because this car suffers the same thing as the 3, it weighs close to 3000lbs.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
looks ok. I dont like the rear.

·
Registered
430 Posts
C30

Volvo prices C30 from $22,700

Volvo announced this morning that its upcoming C30 hatchback will be priced from just $22,700 when it goes on sale in the U.S. this October. Keeping in mind that doesn't include a destination charge of $695, the pricing is clearly aggressive for this premium brand and makes the C30 Volvo's least expensive model. The base price will net you what Volvo calls a C30 Version 1.0 that comes standard with the turbocharged T5 five-cylinder producing 227 horsepower, a 160-watt stereo, 17-inch wheels, chrome exhaust tips, power windows and remote locking. Step up to the C30 Version 2.0 and you'll be paying $25,700, but will instead get a 650-watt stereo with 10 speakers and Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound, 18-inch alloy wheels, a bigger roof spoiler and the handsome sport body kit . You'll also be able to "special order" a C30 with your choice of 17 exterior and 12 interior colors, as well as 30 more accessory options.

Both cars, by the way, come standard with a six-speed manual transmission. Ordering up an automatic will add $1,250. Other accessories include a navigation system for $2,120 (comes standard on Version 2.0) and Bi-Xenon gas discharge headlights for $700. Choosing any "special order" item will ding you with a one-time $300 charge, unfortunately. While the new C30 is clearly priced aggressively, the long list of optional "special order" items means that your cost out the door will rise rather quickly.

I like it! Cant wait to see the R version in the future.

·
Super Moderator
47,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Let's hope there's an R version. ;) Volvo's depreciate like crazy, I'd like to pick up one of these in the future as a daily driver IPD is going to have field day with this car.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts