NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
I'd rock one. I drive about 175 miles per week, I'd only need to charge twice per week at that rate. The acceleration is about on pair with the Yaris.

·
Lurking06 Celica07 Join08
5,306 Posts
Interior looks just like my 05 s40. it looks promising, that electric one is great for traveling, its slow yes but your not going to be racing with it as a commuter car.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I like older body style way better... My mom was about to get one, I wish she did. :) It looks like a fun little ride.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Interesting.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
The rear looks ugly as hell...

·
Super Moderator
45,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Update!

Volvo C30 Polestar Performance Concept
Premiere for concept car from Volvo Cars’ official Racing and Performance Partner

This weekend Volvo Cars and Polestar enter their fifteenth consecutive motorsport season in the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC) as reigning champions. But even before the racing cars exit the pit for the weekends’ first practice session, Polestar now present the ultimate Volvo car for the street.

Main objective with the Volvo C30 Polestar Performance Concept Prototype is to explore what happens when racing engineers and designers get free hands to build a street car without any limitations set by a specific racing regulation.

Polestar has a long and successful competition history with Volvo, racing with 850, S40, and S60. In 2009, Polestar won the STCC for Volvo Cars with the C30, a car they developed completely from scratch.

The close relationship between Polestar and Volvo Cars in testing and development has lead up to Polestar receiving the responsibility to develop Polestar Performance Engine Optimization Products as a complement to Volvos standard cars.

These products are sold through Volvos dealers on several markets and are the only engine optimizations for Volvo cars covered by Volvos original warranty and where the certified fuel consumption and emissions remain unchanged.

With the Volvo C30 Polestar Concept Prototype, Polestar aimed to build further on the strong driving characteristics of the standard C30 and at the same time illustrate the link between the racing cars and the Polestar Performance products.

The car is based on Polestars unique experience from developing the Volvo C30 into a winning race car. The interior and exterior design reflects Polestars know-how on the C30’s aerodynamic and driving properties derived through several years of development and testing - from computer simulations, to wind tunnel and race track testing.

·
Super Moderator
45,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
everytime I see this car on the road or parked I want to kick it.
I barely see any. I've seen one and I had to do a double-take, not because it's perceived as being ugly by some; but, because I'm a fan of them.

Update!

Heico Sportiv Volvo C30
The new series production Volvo C30 is already an eye catcher with its striking design. HEICO SPORTIV is now taking this model a step further by accentuating its design and improving driving dynamics and performance.

The most striking change is the new rear skirt with exhaust system. The PUR-R-RIM (reinforced polyurethane plastic) rear skirt dictates the form of a diffusor and snuggly encloses the exhaust system’s centrally arranged oval end pipes. Similarly to the serial parts, the rear skirt is attached to the original anchorage points, thereby guaranteeing low assembly costs and perfect, Volvo-quality fitting.

The main allure, however, is that the package can be combined both with standard specification vehicles (replacement of central part) as well as with vehicles with the Volvo Bodykit “R Design” (replacement of central part + assembly of additional left- and right-hand corner parts which pick up on the iconic R Design).

The centrally repositioned, 120x74 mm diameter stainless steel end pipes are matt-polished. “Just as it should be possible to distinguish a Volvo from afar, a HEICO SPORTIV Volvo C30 should also be instantaneously recognizable,” says general manager, Holder Hedtke, about the corporate de-sign philosophy. “With this, our company is yet again offering a USP that clearly sets us apart from the competition.”

Suitable for each engine variant, HEICO SPORTIV offers an individually calibrated combination of rear valence and exhaust system – including an additional muffler and unique sound guarantee from five cylinders for the high end engines T5/D5.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was going to jump all over the 'take it over a Focus RS' statement and scream that you'd lost the plot... on the evidence of the video I've had to rethink that. It makes a very strong case for itself. A very very strong case for itself.

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
45,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Update!

WTCC Debut in Brazil for Polestar Racing’s Volvo C30 DRIVe
Among other changes, Polestar Racing is readying a new engine for its WTCC C30 DRIVe.

"We are starting the season with our current two liter engine, before later in the year switching to an all-new 1.6-liter turbo engine, based on a completely new Volvo engine family. We are currently working flat out with the new engine and we are confident of our progress," said Dahl.

·
Super Moderator
45,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Update!

2011 Volvo C30 Black Design
Called the C30 Black Design, it's limited exclusively to the Italian market and to just 600 examples. What sets it apart is the application of a 3M carbon-look film to the roof, pillars, grille surround and wing mirrors. There's also 17-inch matte black wheels (upgradable to 18-inches) and a specially trimmed interior with individualized dedication plaque.

Love it.

·
Maunder Minimum
4,518 Posts
Polestar Volvo C30

:hitit:

Having been off the U.S. market’s performance radar for some time, Volvo is dipping its tread back into the enthusiast pool with the respectably fleet S60 and the expanding R Design range. Polestar, Volvo’s official Motorsports partner in Sweden, prefers the cannonball approach.
We’re referring to this one-off Polestar Volvo C30, a cool blue hatch sporting a derivative of Volvo’s T5 turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-5 that spits out 405 bhp when consuming high-test European-grade fuel (detuned to 380 bhp for California’s 91 octane). That power is routed through a 6-speed manual and a 4th-generation Haldex all-wheel-drive system replete with Quaife limited-slip differentials front and rear. Ordinarily these “tuner specials” are a bit of a handful, but the Polestar C30 is extremely well sorted. It hooks up and explodes into any direction you point, with just the right amount of wheel slip and no trace of torque steer.

The car hits 60 mph in 4.2 seconds and threads through our 8-cone slalom at 72.5 mph. And it’s more impressive when you consider that Polestar has built the car almost entirely with off-the-shelf Volvo parts (save for the 15.0-in. front/13.0-in. rear Brembo brakes, forged 19-in. BBS wheels and Öhlins’ suspension). The floorpan didn’t even need to be modified to accommodate the “bolt-in” all-wheel-drive system!
The bespoke nature of this particular Polestar C30—with its Touring Car-derived aerodynamics and custom interior swathed in Ternsjö leather and Alcantara—makes it hard to put a price on, but a line of Polestar performance parts is already available at select Volvo dealers.

Curb weight 3430 lb
Engine 2.5-liter turbocharged dohc 20V I-5
Transmission 6-sp manual
Horsepower 405 bhp @ 6000 rpm (380, 91 octane)
Torque 510 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
0-60 mph 4.2 sec
0-100 mph 10.8 sec
0-1320 ft (1/4 mile) 12.8 sec @ 110.9 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph 117 ft
Braking, 80-0 mph 198 ft
Top speed 155* mph
Skidpad 0.99 g
Slalom 72.5 mph
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/updates/polestar-volvo-c30

Nice numbers and the that torque must be insane!

More info here:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/volvo-polestar-c30-pcp-2011-02-08?imageNo=0

61 - 80 of 94 Posts