NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I wouldn't call going from fiberglass to carbon fiber a major move toward weight savings - they're both very light weight

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
i still find it ugly.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Is that just camo or does the hood really bulge like that?

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
It probably really bulges like that due to the blower they've strapped to that behemoth 6 liter engine...Wow Chevy isn't ****ing around man...If the zo6 is already running 11's...This car just has me glued to the news about it...low 10 second factory car with a warranty with a price tag that other supercars wouldn't dare dream of sporting due to the insult it would mean to their name...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
i still find it ugly.
:whogives: After seeing the sticker price and performance numbers, good luck finding anything that can come close in that price range (Besides the exige S on some tracks)

Can I get a testrdrive please?!?!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
i'd take one..in black.

but another 2 years of college plus grad school...i'll just read the car and driver article, its the closest i'll come to one.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
natewan31 said:
i'd take one..in black.

but another 2 years of college plus grad school...i'll just read the car and driver article, its the closest i'll come to one.
Borrow a really expensive car from someone you know and say you wanna go test drive it. :gap:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Red Falcon said:
Carbonized_GT said:
i still find it ugly.
:whogives: After seeing the sticker price and performance numbers, good luck finding anything that can come close in that price range (Besides the exige S on some tracks)

Can I get a testrdrive please?!?!
How about a picture of the interior where you spend the majority of the time in the car. The Corvette still has an interior that rivals that of a Crapolier. Whenever I hear/see Corvette in my mind its a dressed up Camaro.

Oh, and those numbers are great... for the track. I have personally never tracked any of my cars. And I dont think a Corvette would change that.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
Red Falcon said:
I eagerly await the GT-R performance numbers/nurburgring nordschleife time to see how it stacks up to this beast.
Nissan won't rival this car...I doubt it...especially not with that 3.5l TT setup...no I don't think so...

Blown 6.0l > Turboed 3.5l

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
Nissan won't rival this car...I doubt it...especially not with that 3.5l TT setup...no I don't think so...

Blown 6.0l > Turboed 3.5l
It's actually a 3.8 liter. It won't be powered by a VQ. It's powered by a totally new platform, it will be called the VR. And there will be some factory GT-R's availabe that will come tuned up to 500 hp. I think they will be called the EVO model and not have back seats. If I am wrong, please correct me. This is what I remember from the GT-R forum within www.my350z.com, which keeps pretty good tabs on the GT-R.

And as far as performance goes...I'm honestly just going to classify this Corvette SS along with the Mustang Cobras. Why? By the time you add a tighter pulley, bolt ons, and a ECU reflash/tune...it will be an insanely high hp RWD beast. But once you up the boost to the GT-R, add bolt ons, and stiffen the suspension, it'll be an AWD beast that can still stick to the ground.

marc said:
Rumors have it that the GT-R is a sub 8-minute lap time
There was a thread about it on www.my350z.com. Not sure if it's true though.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
500 hp huh?? And that's supposed to be the "performance model with no backseats" that's going to rival the blown 6 liter??..isn't that what the zo6 does now...hmm yea I'll stand by my statement...Seeing as this is going to sport more HP and weigh less than the current zo6...If anything by that 500 hp mark on the top model "Hypeline" it's in line to compete with the current zo6...Not this supercharged zo6 on steroids...

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
I found the post. It was made by one of the most important moderators in my350z.com:

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3834622#post3834622

mhoward1 said:
The GTR is expected to be available in three different model levels. Base level will be a 480hp twin-turbo V6 engine in the standard base GTR as well as the middle level GTR V-Spec. They will be priced at roughly $57,000 and $67,000 respectively. The range topping EVO version with the same VQHRTT engine as the standard and V-Spec models gets a power increase up to 530hp while losing 220 lbs. from the body for an unbelievably inexpensive price of $94,000.
Of course this is unofficial. But at hp levels as high as these...AWD sounds nice.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
500 CRANK hp awd sounds entertaining yes...But for 100k in a Nissan??? No...sorry...That 100k car is probably going to have a similar output at the wheel of the current 60k zo6...I don't see that thing competing with the Big Daddy SS Vette, not in the power department, nor in the Bang per Buck department.....Of course all my comments are geared towards the 1/4 mile aspects of these cars...I don't follow road racing..It may own the SS there, but I couldn't care any less..I drive around in a Neon, and before that a 400whp FWD car...Auto-crossing and road racing never concerned me

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
In that case, then yes. The Corvette SS will totally PWN. But at that point...I'd just procharge oldschool American muscle if I wanted to go fast in a strait line instead of spending a ton of money on new American muscle that can actually take turns. And even then, the Corvette SS will still take quite some mods to get deep into the 9's. Here's what a procharger centrifugal superchargers can do to oldschool American muscle:

This is why all my Guyanese import loving speed demon uncles are now switching over to buying American muscle.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
wow 55 mph trap damn...But the SS is a good option of someone wanting that oldschool muscle with a Warranty ;-)...When it's new car time, the SS is going to take the thunder from a lot of cars in it's class...and quite a few above it too...I'm predicting mid to high 10's for the new SS vette off the factory floor...You'd be hard-pressed to find another car off the factory floor that does that..that doesn't cost damn near half a million or more than a million dollars

1 - 20 of 416 Posts