NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan 370Z coming with 330hp
Back in August 2007 while flipping through Motor Trend, we found a little article reporting that Nissan will be rebadging the 350Z as a 370Z, replacing the 3.5 liter unit with the Infiniti G37’s 3.7 liter engine. That will give the 350Z an output boost of 30 horsepower for a total of 330.

A print version of AutoCar is now reporting that the 370Z will make its official debut at the Paris Motor Show this fall and will go on sale in 2009 as a 2010 model.

Well let’s hope for a little improvement in the 0-60 time and for the pricing to remain under $30k.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
They're under $30k now -- to start. Most are mid-30's once you get above the base model though. It's like the ads that say "starting at $22,000, as shown $38,000.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Punkers7465 said:
hopefully it lost some weight...
First thing I was going to say as well. Is it true that the G37's performance is only a little bet better than the G35's due to the additional weight?

I hope the 370Z gets a minor facelift as well. Surprisingly, LOTS of 350z's roam NY streets, for both men and womein in auto and manual form. My buddy got his 350z with bolt ons, coilovers, and gunmetal Work wheels on his stock bodied silver 350z :drool: . His simple look goes a long way. A lot of the body kits for the car look like trash, if not all of them. Only a couple lip kits look good to me IMO, like Jintei's.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
where's the 450Z? :eek:

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
good, solid car - I just don't like to drive it - it doesn't deliver the fun

I don't know what the 370Z will be like, but I assume more of the same thing - more weight, but more power - no real increase in performance but they can say "my Z has 330 hp!" and feel good, and it'll help the salesmen sell cars.

its just a fact - most morons never bother to think of the car's weight, just the power.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
I hope they don't offer another waste of space "Nismo/Rice Package"

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
marc said:

I don't know what the 370Z will be like, but I assume more of the same thing - more weight, but more power - no real increase in performance but they can say "my Z has 330 hp!" and feel good, and it'll help the salesmen sell cars.

its just a fact - most morons never bother to think of the car's weight, just the power.
i love driving mine, tons "o" fun.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
ImSoNastie said:
marc said:

i love driving mine, tons "o" fun.
A lot of people like driving them. I don't. I like a more fluid experience. You kind of have to grab the Z by the scruff of the neck and tell it what to do, whereas in an MR-2 /Boxster/Miata/RX car you're telepathically involved, where you think is where the car goes.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
I've driven the 03 and 07 Z and they def. improved. And what marc just said is very true, it doesn't have that feeling that it's an easy car to control, I'd rather get an s2k over one of those personally but it's still a great car.

And I'm just going to assume that the 30 extra hp will be wasted with the extra weight, but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
ive owned various cars, among them was an mk1 with a 20v so i know what you mean, but i still think it has a high fun factor, havnt had any problems with it. not the fastest car ever but it holds its own.

1 - 20 of 415 Posts