NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
So the 4dr Porsche is a go then? I can see the purists complaining....ah well, they did with the Cayenne too.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
yea I'm not a big fan of a 4 door porsche with a front engine. just doesnt seeem right. I hated the cayenne too but it's the fastest SUV in the world so I guess I cant complain too much.

Oh well, the cayenne did bring Porsche a lot of money which in turn helped their motorsport devlopement, so I cant really complain. The more money Porsche gets the more resources that can feed into their real performers...

either way, I think there could def. be a market for a 4 door porsche.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
As long as the company keeps making money and building great cars, I don't give a **** what they put out.

Unlike Toyota, they're not out to dominate the world - they just want to finance development of awesome sports cars.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Well, Toyota did have a small say in Porsche's recent succes: Wendelin Wiedeking is tauted to be Toyota's smartest student, applying to Porsche those things he learned during his stint at Toyota.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Porsche Panamera Spy Shots

Porsche Panamera spy photos

December 3rd, 2007 14 Comments

Porsche

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Still fvcking ugly.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Basically a Cayenne Turbo S engine (and then some) in a Audi A6/A8 chassis. Meh.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Why do they insist on calling it a 4dr coupe? I see 4 doors all opening in the normal direction, all have door handles, so in my mind it's a sedan. If they continue on this trend, pretty soon a Porsche pickup will materialize too. What will they call it, an open tub coupe?

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
I see it selling where I live, out in Long Island, NY. But I have to agree with the Porsche purists...it's like Ferrari making a sedan.

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
its not an Audi chassis
They're probably gonna borrow/modify one. Since Porsche owes a nice stake of shares in in VAG.

Porsche is also the reason the Bugatti Veyron (and its variants) will be killed off once it finishes the intended production run even though Bugatti is owned by VAG.

·
15,579 Posts
Transcend said:
marc said:
its not an Audi chassis
They're probably gonna borrow/modify one. Since Porsche owes a nice stake of shares in in VAG.

Porsche is also the reason the Bugatti Veyron (and its variants) will be killed off once it finishes the intended production run even though Bugatti is owned by VAG.
I read in a magazine somewhere that it was a fully built Porsche project

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
It would seem the most economical, and Audi's A8 Aluminum Space-Frame chassis would be an excellent base to work off of.

·
15,579 Posts
Transcend said:
marc said:
It would seem the most economical, and Audi's A8 Aluminum Space-Frame chassis would be an excellent base to work off of.
It would make sense to beancounters, but not purchasers

People spending $100,000+ want a "real" Porsche

sure, a few poseurs won't care - but the purists will **** their pants.

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
It would make sense to beancounters, but not purchasers

People spending $100,000+ want a "real" Porsche

sure, a few poseurs won't care - but the purists will **** their pants.
I still consider "real" Porsches to be those that stick to the RR layout and 2 door coupes (basically 911 series). But Porsche wants a bigger piece of the pie, can't blame them for trying.

Historically Porsche and Audi have always worked together to develop "new stuff" for each other. So I wouldn't be surprised if they chopped the roof off the A8 chassis, made the roofline lower and use different body panels for the exterior.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts