21 - 40 of 156 Posts

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Transcend said:
marc said:
It would make sense to beancounters, but not purchasers

People spending $100,000+ want a "real" Porsche

sure, a few poseurs won't care - but the purists will **** their pants.
I still consider "real" Porsches to be those that stick to the RR layout and 2 door coupes (basically 911 series). But Porsche wants a bigger piece of the pie, can't blame them for trying.

Historically Porsche and Audi have always worked together to develop "new stuff" for each other. So I wouldn't be surprised if they chopped the roof off the A8 chassis, made the roofline lower and use different body panels for the exterior.
So the 550 and Carrera GT aren't real Porsches?

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
Great cars, doesn't follow Porsche's traditional layout but it's been proven (many times) that the MR layout is the best. You can't blame someone who wants to get better at something for being "untraditional". You can call it evolution. But most of all it's part of "wanting a larger piece of the pie".

And notice the usage of quotations around the word "real". By "real" it implies "traditional".

·
15,579 Posts
Transcend said:
marc said:
Great cars, doesn't follow Porsche's traditional layout but it's been proven (many times) that the MR layout is the best. You can't blame someone who wants to get better at something for being "untraditional". You can call it evolution. But most of all it's part of "wanting a larger piece of the pie".

And notice the usage of quotations around the word "real". By "real" it implies "traditional".
Once Porsche puts a "real" engine into the Cayman, the 911 is dead.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
Unfortunately a lot of the "fake" porsches usually end up as big sellers. (see: Cayenne).

·
15,579 Posts
neological said:
Unfortunately a lot of the "fake" porsches usually end up as big sellers. (see: Cayenne).
that's because 99% of consumers out there can't really handle an ass-engined Nazi sled.

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
YES! The only other problem with that car is its open differential.

neological said:
Easily explained by marketing in conjunction with the economic principle of price discrimination.

·
15,579 Posts
Transcend said:
marc said:
YES! The only other problem with that car is its open differential.
I was under the impression that pretty much all of Porsche's cars came with open differentials, and that it was an option (rare) in the past but not even available today.

·
Registered
610 Posts
marc said:
I was under the impression that pretty much all of Porsche's cars came with open differentials, and that it was an option (rare) in the past but not even available today.
I did a quick search on google, 997's do come with a LSD. I've gotta run for now, would love to discuss this further later.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Official Glimpse - Porsche Panamera

Porsche Panamera first official glimpse

September 16th, 2008 3 Comments

Porsche is savouring every last moment of publicity prior to the official launch of the new four-door Panamera Gran Turismo.

Together with the first official teaser image, the brand has launched a new web site to showcase the latest member of the Porsche family.

It incorporates the Panamera Online Magazine which reveals all but the car itself including video content and pre-production sketches.

The next glimpse will come on October 20 when an advertising campaign kicks off in select markets around the world - but don

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
i love the porsche styling, but they gotta change it up a bit, they all look too similar, i can understand if they wanna keep the resemblance but damm..............

·
Super Moderator
52,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
9ff announces tuning pack for Porsche Panamera

horrific indeed. what gives, why even announce a tuning pack for a car that hasn't even been released yet.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

Dont know if its real or not, but it aint gonna be too pretty

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Too stationwagy.... yea thats a word.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Do not like. Not even the door handles.

·
15,579 Posts
I believe the word is "shooting brake"

regardless, its hideous - and who the hell is gonna buy this for $100,000+ these days?

All the bankers and brokers have their asses in the fire at the moment.

21 - 40 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.