·
Super Moderator
49,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Volkswagen Scirocco
A strong wind blows a hot coupe into production

By GREG KABLE

AutoWeek | Published 06/13/06, 5:22 pm et

After months of internal struggles and arguments over its design, Volkswagen officials have finally given the low-slung Scirocco coupe the green light. Arguments over the car were heated: On one side were the pfennig-pinchers aiming to save cash; on the other, VW boss Wolfgang Bernhard and his plan to resurrect one of the most evocative models in the company

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
the new 6 cyl engines from vw are a hell of a lot better than the old ones. I am interested to see it but I think the pricing is very optomistic. A fully loaded gti goes for almost 28k now. I bet the top model is 35k plus.

·
Super Moderator
49,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6SPDGTS said:
the new 6 cyl engines from vw are a hell of a lot better than the old ones. I am interested to see it but I think the pricing is very optomistic. A fully loaded gti goes for almost 28k now. I bet the top model is 35k plus.
This car is probably going to be positioned below the Golf/GTI variants, who knows.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
hmm 140-170hp for 28,000$.. wouldnt be at the top of my list for that price range.

AutoWeek sources suggest prices for a base four-cylinder front-drive edition will start at E22,000, or nearly $28,000
The entry-level model will likely get the just-introduced supercharged and turbocharged 1.4-liter Twincharger four from the Golf GT. It pumps out 140 hp to 170 hp

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
what do you mean beast?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My mom had one many many years back. I loved it. It seemed like a super sports car to me at the time. Funny how you thought as a kid.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
The current EOS might be the most overpriced car on the American market under 50k. I can see what they mean.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Oh noes! They actually managed to ruin it. Loved how the original Scirocco looked, the Corrado was true to that formula. This one is just a cross between the BMW 1-series and the Volvo C30.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts