NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
eh me neither idk to plain doesn't look like a special car to me just another eco box. give it some distinct features and ide be more interested

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
I was getting exited about this car...until I saw the drivetrain layout...

If they actually made a RWD or AWD car like this and priced it right...ohhhhhh man...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
The Corrado was the only true successor to the Scirocco, 'nuff said!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Volkswagen Scirocco coming to Australia early 2012
By Brett Davis | April 21st, 2011

Volkswagen has just confirmed with CarAdvice that the sporty Volkswagen Scirocco will be heading to Australian showrooms. The sleeker, swoopier Volkswagen Golf-derived hatch will be unveiled at the Australian International Motor Show in July and then go on sale locally in the first quarter of 2012.

The only model to enter our market will be the top of the range ‘R’. The Scirocco R will replace the three-door Golf R. It will offer the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder as the Golf R as well, producing 188kW of power and 330Nm of torque.

Unlike the Golf R three-door, the Volkswagen Scirocco R will be front-wheel drive. It will come in both six-speed manual and six-speed dual-clutch DSG forms, and come equipped with the Golf GTI’s ‘XDS’ differential system to maximise front-paw grip.

Pricing for the new model is yet to be confirmed, however, expect price tags to fill the gap between the top-spec Golf GTI ($42,990) and the entry-level Volkswagen Golf R manual five door ($49,990). This gap will left by the soon-to-be removed Volkswagen Golf R three-door ($48,490).

We’ll be sure to bring you full details on the definite Australian specifications and pricing as soon as possible, and provide full coverage of the Melbourne Motor Show unveiling in July.
Good news for Oz, seeing one in person it is a dead sexy hatch.

·
Super Moderator
45,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AElHucd-TuQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9VqbsWzKJMo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nki-8eBxU70?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
I want that R. Love everything about it.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yep it is a great looking car and decently priced.

·
Super Moderator
45,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!

VW's U.S. chief pushes for return of Scirocco
Volkswagen enthusiasts in this country missed out on the last generation of the sporty Scirocco coupe, but they might be in luck when the next version appears.

Jonathan Browning, CEO of VW Group of America, said in an interview at the New York auto show that he is lobbying to bring the Scirocco here.

"That's a piece of the lineup that I would dearly love to see here," Browning said.

He added that the current Scirocco came out in Europe in 2008 during the financial crisis, when there was little appetite to take a risk on bringing the car back to the United States. The Scirocco was last sold here in 1988.

A facelifted version of the Scirocco is due in Europe in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
45,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lEjyEaEpqD4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
45,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1G2jrCtjgls?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
^^^
that reviewer is idiot.
Americans buy hatchbacks, where did he got that info?

·
Super Moderator
45,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1HiMyIR9IXM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts