NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are bringing out a new mini cooper S, its called "the works" Package!

"Developed by the legendary John Cooper Works company, the unique warranted package will be sold exclusively through MINI dealers and will include a reconfigured cylinder head, uprated supercharger along with special engine electronics and a performance rear silencer. This enhancement takes the regular 163hp MINI Cooper S to over 200hp. Detailed U.S. specifications and pricing will be forthcoming."

cool! i bet you its about celica speed now..unless they dropped some of the weight

·
Registered
600 Posts
Cool! I kinda like the little beast - even more so now *L*.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BillWS6Formula said:
Cool! I kinda like the little beast - even more so now *L*.
i like it too, but i also like the turbo bettle... although would you be caught driving one?

·
Premium Member
2,255 Posts
I'd drive a cooper, but would never get caught in a beetle.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Mini Coopers are nice and compact. Wish I had that in high school instead of a geo metro LS.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
hooray. The "next new beetle" has an upgraded performance package. :thumbdown

mini cooper = newer new beetle. already as big a fad as the new beetle was..... soon to be EVERYWHERE.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Interesting ... they would probably be a blast to drive through the saloms.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Redline said:
I'd drive a cooper, but would never get caught in a beetle.
Yup, what he said! :chiggy: ........... :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
heh i did drive a 6spd mini cooper s :p

my best friends dad bought one as something to play with(they are quite wealthy) and he made me take it out on some curvy backroads.

needless to say, it's extremely small. i would never buy one but it looks better than the bug or pt cruiser fad cars of yesteryear.

oh yeah, it took us 10 minutes to find the hood popper, and if you think our motors are compacted in there, you've never peeked under the hood of one of these suckers

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
There are already loads of em' on this side of town. There are 4 that I already counted in a 8 block radius.
Talk less of the city where I've driven by loads..

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Id never own a Beetle, I just dont like the car.

Id pimp a mini cooper though, not to mention that a 200hp version of that car is going to make it damned quick :)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The Cooper is one good handling little car. Like the Miata, too few realize what the car is capable of and more importantly too few owners are even interested in exploring the capabilities of the car.

A woman bought one at work and she had an Audi TT 225 before. She waxed at how it's supposed to outslalom a 911, but has NO interest in autocrossing the car a few times to get to know it. She's interested in purchasing the upgrade for $5,000 for some reason, too. Americans!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts