1 - 20 of 473 Posts

·
Super Moderator
43,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
So what is this supposed to take the place of?

·
Super Moderator
43,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rumormill: Ferrari F149 specs leaked

http://www.autogespot.com/en/item/238/
The Ferrari F149 or California GT will be introduced at the Paris Motor Show this year. But in two weeks time Ferrari will release the first official photos. The new Ferrari will look like a small 599 and at the sneak preview some specifications were released. So this is what we received in our mailbox.

- A brandnew Ferrari 4.7 liter engine with 480/500 bhp, so not based on (or a regeneration of) any current engine.
- Seven speed ultra quick gearbox.
- 0-100 km/h in less than four seconds.
- Topspeed is kept under F430.
- Ceramic brakes are standard.
- There is a long list of options available.
- Double clutch-system.
- Direct fuel injection.
- Foldaway metal roof.
- The latest Becker TOUCH satellite navigation.
- Bluetooth, Ipod and USB-Stick connections integrated

It sounds very exiting, but we still have to wait for the official information and photos.

more speculation...................

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
It just seems like its a more daily driveable car but still expensive to keep the brand where it belongs.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
It just seems like its a more daily driveable car but still expensive to keep the brand where it belongs.
So its big brother the 599GTB is not daily drivable?

I'm still confused if this car is replacing anything or they are making a new spot in their line-up.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
So its big brother the 599GTB is not daily drivable?

I'm still confused if this car is replacing anything or they are making a new spot in their line-up.
Think of it as an F430 with the engine up front.

You have -

F430 Modena - Sports Supercar
F149 - GT Supercar
612 Scaglietti - 2+2 Supercar
599 Fiorano - GT Hypercar

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Like in the past this next generation will be better than the previous.

·
Super Moderator
43,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exclusive, undisguised pictures of Ferrari's stunning F430 replacement
Feast your eyes on Ferrari's all-new F430 replacement! Spied being rolled onto the back of a truck in Italy, these are the first pictures of the Prancing Horse's new entry-level model – the F450.

As you can see, the new model looks very different to the current car with a pair of sweeping side air vents, which have been enlarged to cool the improved engine and brakes.

It will also get a new gearbox too, in the shape of the California’s seven-speed double clutch unit. This is likely to modified to suit the mid-engined car’s sportier demeanour.

The F450 may even be the first car to incorporate KERS. Used on Formula One racers, the kinetic energy recovery system turns energy saved from braking into extra power.

The last pic is a rendering if you didn't know.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The rear end looks awkward on the rendering [the body looks too long overall], but it still gives me a tingle in my pants. I have a good feeling about what's coming.

[from Ferrari, not from my pants.]

1 - 20 of 473 Posts