NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
49,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Drive Review: 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
It’s hard to imagine that a truck with the Raptor’s bulldog stance and purpose-built, high-speed off-road hardware could handle as well as it did when we drove on pavement.

The bottom line:
The Raptor can do things we didn’t think were possible in a factory pickup. We don’t really know or care how it was given the OK by Ford’s attorneys. The fact is, it’s available now and it’s virtually perfect for the application for which it’s built. We’re just happy Ford’s legal eagles must like their Raptor as much as we do.
2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor - First Drive Review
Recalibrating our brains for the most radical pickup truck ever.

Although a fully loaded Raptor should top out near $50K, the package seems like a bargain, considering it is still drivable everyday, can tow 6000 pounds, and carries a factory warranty. And then there’s the off-road performance, which would require at least $20K in modifications on top of an F-150 FX4 ($36,065 base) to match. Ford says its Dearborn truck plant will be able to turn out up to 5000 or so Raptors annually and that there also will be plenty of performance accessories available in the near future. As it is, the Raptor is the most unique SVT-engineered vehicle next to the 550-hp Ford GT supercar, and that’s saying something. Maybe it’s time we define a new category of vehicle: the supertruck.

2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor First Drive
If Liking This Truck Is Wrong, We Don't Want To Be Right

First Impressions:
Provides a staggering level of capability that doesn't make any compromises on pavement; a benchmark truck.

* 310-hp 5.4-liter V8
* SVT-tuned suspension
* Fox Racing Shox dampers
* 35-inch all-terrain BFGoodrich tires

Or you can justify the Raptor another way. Green is in, and the Raptor allows us to explore all those far-flung places we're preserving without needing to pave them first. Share this logic with the Prius weenie that's giving you the stink eye and watch his head explode.
First Drive: 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
No Compromises, No Competition: What Do You Get When a Bunch of Hot Rod Guys Build an Offroad Racing Truck?

Then SVT chief engineer Jamal Hameedi studied what was hot and what was not at the annual SEMA aftermarket show. What he saw was a resurging trend among Southern California truck enthusiasts toward lifted full-size trucks and prerunners modeled after desert racers. So he issued a challenge to his SVT team: Build the baddest off-road truck ever offered by an OEM. They call it the 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor, and it's an unquestionable success.

The Raptor's electronic locking rear differential (E-locker) engages at all speeds, in any mode from 2HI to 4LO, with a simple pull of the drive-selector knob. Clicking the Raptor into Off-Road mode initiates a unique, higher-performance throttle map and shift schedule for the six-speed transmission. The result: more aggressive shifting with revs held longer and the flickability of a prerunner with the traction of a 4x4. Hill Descent Control, a Raptor exclusive, utilizes the ABS actuators and allows for slow-speed downhill crawling in forward and reverse, without ever touching the brake pedal.

With this level of capability at that price point, we'd have to agree with chief engineer Hameedi. He firmly believes the Raptor has no compromises and no competition.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWzwAp72_Oc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nWzwAp72_Oc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like it. I don't know how many people will be able to take advantage of high speed offroad capabilities, but... I like the idea and it looks good.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
800 lb-ft of torque at 2000 rpm? :chuckles:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Who the fvck buys the V10. I mean really...

Its like saying "I am too ignorant and diesels are the devil"

·
Banned
4,052 Posts
Who the fvck buys the V10. I mean really...

Its like saying "I am too ignorant and diesels are the devil"
WE do!...llol...the reason why we bought the v10 was because we couldnt afford the diesel...so he got the v10 because the v10 is stronger then the v8 5.4...and also the fact that the truck was on site so they reduce the price more..

the truck is not so bad on gas....he makes about 400km on a tank driving in town.....tank cost about 85-90$ to fill up...

·
Super Moderator
49,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Update!

Hennessey Reveals 501-hp Supercharged VelociRaptor 500
For those considering waiting for the more powerful 6.2-liter V-8 coming from SVT this winter (thought to put out 400-horsepower/400 pound-feet of torque), Hennessey Performance Engineering may have just the alternative.

Turning this beast into a VelociRaptor 500 is a HPE supercharger running at 8 psi. Mix in a new fuel system, headers, exhaust, air filter, and ECU, and a grand total of 501 horsepower and 520 pound-feet of torque are at your disposal. That's over 100 horses and pound-feet more than our best guess at the new 6.2's output.

In a straight line, the VelociRaptor 500 hits 60 mph almost 3 seconds faster that the stock 5.4-liter-equipped model (5.6 seconds versus 8.0 seconds). The coveted 1320-foot stretch of pavement is devoured in 14.1 seconds at 97 mph.

For all you bean counters, the stock Raptor starts at $38,020. Tack on the full HPE kit and you're looking at around $53,000, or about $11,000 more than the upcoming 6.2-liter variant ($41,995).

:drool:

·
Murse Practitioner.
2,911 Posts
Such a sick looking truck! Just saw one at the dealership down the street. Gonna have to go test drive....

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm a secret ******* so I want one!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts