NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 202 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Looks like it's about to transform and that front looks like this smiley :naughty:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Seems fairly legit. Either that or someone was really paying attention to the camouflaged testmules.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Wow...that doesn't look ugly at all! Nice!

I thought it would need a paper bag for itself, or the driver. haha

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lotus Project Eagle first official details

July 16th, 2008 1 Comment

Lotus has released the first official image of Project Eagle along with plenty of details before its worldwide public unveiling in the UK.

This is the first all-new sports car from Lotus since it launched the iconic Elise in 1995.

The new model is still currently known only as ‘Project Eagle’ (although one sharp CarAdvice reader has their money on ‘Ethos’ - and I’m keen to agree) with Lotus to announce the official name at its press conference on July 22nd at the British Motor Show.

Earlier reports of a Toyota-sourced powerplant have been revealed as true, with Lotus confirming a 3.5-litre V6 dual VVT-i engine producing 206kW will power Project Eagle.

Whilst performance testing has not yet been completed on production models, early prototypes have recorded a sub-5 second sprint from 0 to 100km/h, with a suggested top speed of 256km/h.

As countless spy shots have revealed, Lotus has visited Germany for some performance testing at the N

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Maybe it was just to avoid the 2-seater stigma (insurance)? Much like the Lexus SC430 rear seats.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
it looks awsome, but I thought it was a chop of an Elise, a Ferrari and a GTR

·
Registered
485 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy the look of that car as well as the 3.5 v6.

The real question, though, is will it be light enough...?

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
When trying to cram an engine, fuel tank and two people in the same spot, something's gonna have to give. I don't fit in the Celica's rear seats, I already imagine the two rear passengers in this thing: Butts resting on the seat edge, knees up over the shoulder and heads bobbed together.

·
Registered
485 Posts
not with 4 passengers
Yeah, I'd much rather see this in a 2-seater coupe, but I suppose you could always just take out the back seats.

Still, not having seats there at all leaves the possibility of cutting down the dimensions touch, thus saving precious weight.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
u guys didnt read very closely did u....

The article states that Lotus knows the rear seats are a joke, only for young children. It also says you have the option of replacing the rear seats with a luggage bench. So yes this car will come out as a 2 seater coupe.

And as for light weight concern, this sentence is in regard to laping the N

·
Registered
687 Posts
2009 Lotus Evora

2009 Lotus Evora -

http://www.motorcities.com/contents/08/2009-Lotus-Evora-Official-Details-and-Images_08GLE332009967.html

With its stunning visual impact, exhilarating all-round dynamic performance, innovative chassis technology and high levels of luxury, packaging and convenience, the Evora heralds an exciting new era for Lotus.

The first all-new Lotus since the iconic Elise made its debut in 1995, The Evora enters the sports car market as currently the world’s only mid-engined 2+2. Powered by a Lotus-tuned 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 280 PS, and weighing just 1350 kg (prototype specification), the Evora promises breathtaking performance. During preliminary testing around the famous N

21 - 40 of 202 Posts