NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 202 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
It is the Eagle. Eagle was probably the project name.

I'm not a fan of the greenhouse/roof treatment, some of the lines are fighting each other, doesn't make for a balanced styling but I like the overall package.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Yes please. :thumbup:

Because one of the roles of the Evora is to attract new customers to the Lotus brand, much attention has been paid to its ease of use. Wider, taller door apertures and narrower sills make getting in and out of the cabin a less athletic undertaking than it is in Lotus’s smaller sports cars
You have to be a contortionist to get into an Exige. Seriously. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Evora Engine Specs

The V6 Engine - dual VVT-i ('intelligent' variable valve timing)
The exceptional working relationship that Lotus has enjoyed with Toyota over several decades, combined with the overwhelmingly enthusiastic reception for the company's four-cylinder power units in the Elise and Exige, guaranteed the Japanese giant's inclusion on the shortlist for the Evora engine supplier.

The final choice was Toyota's all-alloy 2GR-FE 3.5-litre V6 DOHC, with dual VVT-i ('intelligent' variable valve timing). Lotus has painstakingly developed its own T6e engine management software for this engine to optimise its compatibility with the unique requirements of the Evora to give a peak power output to 280 PS at 6400 rpm, while boosting its maximum torque to 342 Nm at 4700 rpm (prototype figures).

Changes to the engine management and exhaust systems also allow the V6 to rev more freely and provide rapid throttle response; feedback from the development team suggests that the strength of the engine's mid-range torque means that gutsy performance will be easily accessible without having to thunder through to the redline. This makes the Lotus Evora a thoroughly satisfying car for everyday road use and a rewarding one when you just want to drive.

The 2GR-FE V6 engine is mated to a manual six-speed gearbox, again Toyota-sourced. A close-ratio version of this gearbox is also currently under development for the even more sport-focussed driver.
Many Lotus owners enjoy the blend of unique performance and efficiency that the brand's cars offer. True to the Lotus value of "performance through light weight" CO2 emissions are expected to be a class leading sub-225 g/km (prototype figures) while testers report fuel consumption in the region of 30+ mpg (pending formal homologation testing).

What'll she do?
At the time of its unveiling, full performance figures have yet to be compiled on a production specification Lotus Evora, Lotus has another 6 months development to conduct.

While for Lotus top speed is of less importance than stability at speed, early indications suggest a maximum speed of 160 mph; the 0-60 mph sprint from standstill is estimated at sub 5 seconds (prototype figures).

The first cars will all come with the regular Toyota six-speed manual, but one of the first developments will be a US-friendly auto box with steering wheel paddles. Other future developments will include a race car, so expect a GT challenger sometime soon, plus further more extreme derivatives and a convertible. All these models are to sit alongside the

·
Registered
687 Posts
The first cars will all come with the regular Toyota six-speed manual, but one of the first developments will be a US-friendly auto box with steering wheel paddles.
What the hell?
Does the rest of the world think all Americans are retarded?

I'm gonna go eat my hamburger/hotdog, throw some trash on the ground, invade a country and then drive my automatic Lotus. WTF!?

·
Registered
568 Posts
What the hell?

I'm gonna go eat my hamburger/hotdog, throw some trash on the ground, invade a country and then drive my automatic Lotus. WTF!?

absolutely
us americans are lazy yo
we want our food made for us
and our cars to shift themselves

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
Rav4, Camry, Avalon, Blade, what else?

Now if they do have a 6-speed manual for the transverse version of the 2GR-FE, how difficult would it be to develop one for the longitudinal applications such as the IS350.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
What the hell?

Every real sports car on the planet is going to have dual-clutch technology within the next 5 years (all of which can be driven as as an automatic) -- it's pretty much already happened, moving from higher to lower end. I wouldn't be surprised if this what Lotus is intending.

However, a slushbox, even a well designed one, would be a step in the wrong direction...

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
how ?
elaborate?
colin chapman's idea of a sports car was a light weight, great handling car. just a raw track car with hardly any to no sound deadening materials, manual trans, and typically two seaters. I can only think of a few Lotus's that were 4 seaters: Carlton/Omega, Excel, and Eclat. The Carlton/Omega was actually a Vauxhaul but retuned and rebadged to a Lotus so that doesn't count. The others... from my knowledge, none of them were hot sellers however, all of which are no heavier than 2400lbs.
I can see why Lotus would build such a car though, but gawd, climbing into the driver and passenger seats are bad as it. I can't imagine how any one would climb into the back seat.
But yeah, sooner or later, manual trans are going to be the things of the past. we'll be driving around with dual-clutch transmission, auto or auto-drive.

41 - 60 of 202 Posts