NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=120470
Ovals are out on the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

When we first spotted prototypes of the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, it was pretty obvious the midsize sedan hasn't changed much. Even with heavy camouflage, its overall size and shape tell us that it barely differs from the current model. Unlike the smaller, extensively redesigned 2008 C-Class, the next-generation E-Class will continue on a more evolutionary track.

To see how the minor changes will affect the look of the 2010 E-Class, cues have been taken from the prototypes and combined with a little inside knowledge to create these photo illustrations of the E-Class sedan and wagon.

If there's anything about this luxury sedan that will get your attention, it will be the new design for the front end. It appears as though Mercedes-Benz is finished with oval headlights for awhile, as this E-Class will get a more squared-off front fascia. The headlights will adopt a shape that resembles that of the current S-Class, one that gives the E's nose a meaner, more angular look. Unlike the new C-Class with its choice of grille treatments depending on the trim level of the model, the E-Class is more likely to retain its traditional design with a three-pointed star perched atop the hood.

Apart from the obvious changes up front, the rest of the 2010 E-Class will remain classically conservative. No major changes to the belt line, no distinctive window shapes

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Benz is bringin sexy back. I'm glad they're making the car bigger & the front grill more prominant and agressive, just like the old days in the 80's and early 90's. My mother's silver 93 500 SEL looks like a classic, luxurious beast compared to my father's 00 500 S.

vs

Although the 93 has more power, it also has more weight. The 2000 will smoke the 93 in the dust....but it's not as big or grand...which isn't the point of a luxurious Benz IMO.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
I like the older Benzs as well

with the new E class, all affluent 60+ baby boomers rejoice!

Funny story - I actually know an 88 year old dude who used to drive Mercedes and Cadillac - his latest car? A last-generation Camry. He loves it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
is it just me or are all the new merceds five times bigger than the previous gen? the new C is the size of the old E, the new CL is huge, and this E looks like an old (pre 06) S class....massive

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's a signature car, not what the brand shows daily. The majority of their other cars are boring to look at and boring to drive.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
Burrcold said:
It's a signature car, not what the brand shows daily. The majority of their other cars are boring to look at and boring to drive.
Air suspension, insane luxaries, top of the line interiors, and at least 300+ ft lb of torque from their V8's are boring to you??? Stomp down the gas pedal in the heaviest of MB V8's with 347 ft lbs of torque and come back to tell me how boring it is.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
GTsRasta said:
Air suspension, insane luxaries, top of the line interiors, and at least 300+ ft lb of torque from their V8's are boring to you??? Stomp down the gas pedal in the heaviest of MB V8's with 347 ft lbs of torque and come back to tell me how boring it is.
I've driven many of their V8's...they are boring. Mash down on almost any V8 and it's not boring. Yes of course they are fast but that does not constitute fun, sorry. Please remember I am comparing them to their competitors not just an average car.

This thread was about the E320 (crazy boring car to drive). Just like the C series, and S series. All boring to drive. I never said anything about them not being luxurious, or their interiors.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
my bad :gap:

it looks like a friggin DTM car.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Wow, that's a nice Benz.

And the new E looks a boatload classier... Old Benz returns!

·
Super Moderator
46,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

The headlights look really similar to the ones found on the 2nd gen. GS. I'm unimpressed with the new E's saggy ass.

Details to come later.

Discuss. :eatpop:

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've never liked the latest E-Class, and yet, they somehow managed to make it worse. Strange.

Wonder how big the S will get.
Seriously. Why do the newer models of cars always have to be bigger? To fit the perpetually growing American ass? I know they sell these cars in international markets, but I can't help but wonder how much US's obesity problems has to do with car designs.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts