NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
47,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOURCE
The third world premiere from the Japanese manufacturer at the 2008 Paris Auto Show is the 2009 Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart. The 2009 Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart is powered by a 1.5 turbo engine developing 150 PS and comes in both 3-door and 5-door body styles.

The 2009 Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart comes with a revised suspension, that has been in 8 points for sharper driving dynamics, and a thicker front stabilizer bar for reduced body roll.

The 2009 Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart price has not been announced yet.

I wonder what the interior looks like. I can't find any fault with the exterior. I love the aggressive front end (EVO-ish) and the rims look fantastic. The new Fit looks evil, but this looks more so. Let's hope it comes to North America. And you folks in Europe and other countries likely get this car by default.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Do you guys honestly think the Scion xA is a work of art or something? Small cars are theoretically cheaper and should get better gas mileage, but there's an inherent flaw in their design: they suck.

They look like a shoe and they aren't comfortable. The Matrix is a luxury car compared to those things. The only thing that should be in a shoe is a foot, and you don't want Sarah Jessica Parker driving your car.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Do you guys honestly think the Scion xA is a work of art or something? Small cars are theoretically cheaper and should get better gas mileage, but there's an inherent flaw in their design: they suck.

They look like a shoe and they aren't comfortable. The Matrix is a luxury car compared to those things. The only thing that should be in a shoe is a foot, and you don't want Sarah Jessica Parker driving your car.
You should test drive them first ;)

For me, other than the fear of tipping over on a sharp turn...... think that they are very competent cars for the money.

This mitsu looks great on the front, but too straight on the back...

·
Super Moderator
47,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can. It looks like sh*t.
Compared to what?

Small cars are theoretically cheaper and should get better gas mileage, but there's an inherent flaw in their design: they suck.

They look like a shoe and they aren't comfortable.
No, they are in fact cheaper. There's none of this theory nonsense. You're complaining about aesthetics and implying the looks of the car have a negative impact on everything else the car has to offer, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. Small. Cheap. Fuel efficient. That's it. Most people buy these cars as their daily drivers. If you want something more upmarket, ignore this segment of cars altogether and get a Venza. Like Kat said, give any one of these cars a test drive.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Compared to what?
Looks of a care are purely subjective. To me, it looks like sh*t. Comparison to something else is unecessary.

No, they are in fact cheaper. There's none of this theory nonsense. You're complaining about aesthetics and implying the looks of the car have a negative impact on everything else the car has to offer, which doesn't really make a lot of sense. Small. Cheap. Fuel efficient
I listed the pros for the car before I completely dismissed it. At least give me credit for that. :D

I'm not a fan of the smart car either, although I am a fan of the mini, so it's not just a size thing. Personally, I'll sacrifice some $$ and gas effeciency (which is basically more $$) for more room and a better looking car. If I want to drive around a go-cart, I'll get a mini or a miata. If I wanted a four seater-daily driver, I certainly wouldn't pick a metal shoe.

I won't test drive it for the same reason why I don't wear crocs. Test wear them? Why? I wouldn't be caught dead in one. Why subject myself to that shame? :laugh:

I'm not saying these cars don't serve a purpose, and like I said, looks are purely subjective. And from my point of view, this car looks like a piece of sh*t. :D

·
Super Moderator
47,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update!

Mitsubishi Colt is coming to America
SOURCE
Buried deep within Mitsubishi's (re)presentation of its PX-MiEV plug-in hybrid concept from the Tokyo Motor Show was a line about a global small car that Mitsubishi will be bringing to the US in 2010. That's it, one line. We didn't think too much of the announcement until Mitsubishi's Product Communications Manager Moe Durand walked up and said, "In case you missed it, the small car is the Colt.

And while we haven't driven the new Colt, the stats aren't exactly overwhelming – in top trim, a 1.5-liter MIVEC four-cylinder spits out 104 hp and 104 lb-ft of torque. Routed through a CVT transmission that's probably plenty of grunt for day to day small car activities. And odds are Mitsubishi will drop a slightly buffer mill into the Colt for US duty. But just picture this – what if Mitsubishi gives us the Ralliart Colt? Maybe with a turbo. We, for one, would really be in favor of that. Either way, here comes the Colt.

Bring over the Ralliart Colt you fools.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Pass. The styling looks dated, like something Hyundai would have produced 4 years ago.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Fiat 500 > This.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
Ewww...

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts