NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
45,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suzuki Kizashi
The previous Kizashi concept vehicles from Suzuki were the carmaker’s first attempt at developing a model that could be sold in the middle class segment and its popularity at the Frankfurt and Tokyo Motor Shows last year quickly prompted officials to green light the project. The original concepts were powered by efficient four-cylinder turbodiesel and petrol V6 engines but according to a new report production models could be available with a new V8 engine.

According to AutoTelegraaf, Suzuki is planning a third iteration of the Kizashi complete with a V8 engine. This latest concept will be much closer to production than the previous two cars and is said to preview the final version, which is expected to hit showrooms late next year.

Hyundai has proven that a budget carmaker can develop and market a V8 saloon and now it seems Suzuki is set to do the same. Unlike Hyundai’s RWD Genesis, the Suzuki will feature an AWD powertrain.

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
4,137 Posts
AWD? I was hoping for a peaky V8 in a light RWD layout, like the new M3. Let's see how this and the Genesis pans out...

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
nah, some of suzuki's cars over in japan are pretty good. they make lots of Kei-cars... which won't pass our crash tests here. the early swift was a fun car to drive. would love to see the new swifts here in the states. sure they're pretty butt ugly, but its gotten some good reviews from europeans and japanese.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
The new Swift is a hot sell here. It's a bit of a turd but the few people I know that have one like it.
The last Suzuki product I had was a 1990 Swift GTi. Loved that little pocket rocket! From there all Suzuki's cars have been meh to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
45,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Suzuki Kizashi concepts

Suzuki Kizashi concepts
Suzuki on Thursday announced plans to unveil a new concept car at the New York Auto Show in two weeks. Called the Concept Kizashi 3, the car provides glimpse at the automaker's planned design direction for a future high-end sedan.

As its name implies, the concept is the third "Kizashi" show car, and will be displayed alongside the Concept Kizashi and Concept Kizashi 2.

The Concept Kizashi 3 will represent the completion of the Kizashi concept series as well as providing a closer-to-production vision of a future Suzuki sport sedan offering.

Suzuki has already announced that it will produce three variants of the Kizashi — a wagon, CUV and sedan. The Kizashi and Kizashi 2 showcased the wagon and CUV body styles, respectively, so look for the newest concept to preview the sedan's design.

Where as the the previous concepts were powered by diesel and V6 engines, the newest Kizashi design will reportedly be powered by a V8 engine mated to an all-wheel drive system.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
1st rendering looks good, last one looks a little bit too bling bling, but since these are only renderings can't really say much.
The strategy makes sense, Suzuki needs a well-rounded portofolio. SUVs and the Swift alone are not enough.

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
They should stick to cheap crotch rockets.

The saddest thing about Suzuki is the only thing that got any attention at their booth at the DC auto show was a Hayabusa they parked out front. I don't think anyone's gaze rested on their cars.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I really love the number 1 concept ( the red one)

I think it has the potential to become a huge success. Though i believe it would have been more suited to a more upmarket company.

To me it has the same wow impact that the 1st Audi concepts had, which as we know become very much real in their new models and has done amazing things for the company.

·
Super Moderator
45,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Suzuki Kizashi 3 Debuts
Suzuki completes its lineup of media-acclaimed Kizashi concepts with the introduction of the sleek and athletic Kizashi 3. Its 2008 New York Auto Show debut coincides with confirmation from Suzuki that it will produce a sport sedan derived from this concept design, with the U.S. launch slated for 2010.

As the closest-to-production version of the Concept Kizashi (Japanese for "prelude") series, the Kizashi 3 embodies Suzuki's overall mission for the vehicle to provide strong, refined urban performance. Sharp headlights and smooth lines create a look that would compete with the Lexus lineup at a fraction of the price.

Huge 21-inch, nine-spoke aluminum wheels sit outside Brembo slotted rotors and calipers. Power flows from a 3.6-liter DOHC V6 that lays down 300 horsepower with the help of a six-speed automatic and an intelligent AWD system. The silver monochrome finish gives the Kizashi 3 a luxurious feel unprecedented for a Suzuki concept.

What this means to you: The sleek Kizashi 3 shows that Suzuki is doing something right outside of the motorcycle arena.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
My usual response would be I like the door handles, but for 2009 it will be I like the wipers :chuckles:

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts