NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
any development on bringing the swift to the US? just remember reading that suzuki was PLANNING on bringing it over a couple years ago.

·
Super Moderator
49,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
any development on bringing the swift to the US?
It's coming to the US. I'll get the article later. I love the looks and it looks to be a decent alternative to other cars in its class.

EDIT: Suzuki Looks to Bring Swift by 2011
Is there an opening in the small-car market for the crowd buying Honda Fits? Can a redesigned Grand Vitara cut into the affordable SUV market against Toyota’s RAV4 and Honda’s CR-V?

The first new Suzuki is the next generation of the Swift, which Europe has already seen. According to Automotive News, Suzuki expects this efficient compact to make a U.S. landing by 2011.

·
Super Moderator
49,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update!

Suzuki Swift Sport "Rock at the 'Ring" Special Edition
The special edition Swift Sport gets "Rock am Ring" branded logos inside and out along with a new entertainment system that comprises of a Clarion navigation system (TMC) with a 6.9-inch color display, 30GB of storage for music, an iPod adapter and more powerful speakers.

There are no other changes to the Swift Sport that is powered by a 1.6-liter naturally-aspirated four with 125HP propelling the supermini from zero to 100km/h (62mph) in 8.9 seconds and on to a maximum velocity of 200km/h (124mph) while returning a combined fuel economy of 7.0lt/100km (33.6mpg US) with 165g/km of CO2.

The Swift Sport "Rock am Ring" will be offered with a choice of three exterior colors - "White Pearl Metallic", "Cosmic Black Pearl Metallic" and "Supreme Red Pearl Metallic".

Production will be limited to 700 units with sales set to start in April at a price of €17,990.

Not for America.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts