NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
The Mark X was the succesor to MarkII/Cresta. You guys got the platformate of them: the Cressida. It's rwd, (awd available) smaller than the Crown with which it shares some platform bits. I'll have to get back on this but I think it's about the size of the Camry, maybe slightly smaller.

Edit: Forgot to mention it has spawned a wagon version. Search for Mark X ZiO.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The front looks like Lexus IS, the rear looks like Corolla.

What have they done...the previous model look so much better (to me anyway).

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My buddy has Mark II. They are awesome cars. Believe it or not, it rides like a Lexus. :)

Mark Wiki.

I drove 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th generation or Mark's before. I love them. Unfortunately there are no Mark's in USA...

·
Super Moderator
43,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update!

2010 Toyota Mark X G Sports Concept
The exterior of the tuned Mark X is dressed up with a few trick items like a new vented hood, big mouth front bumper with strips of LEDs and intricate air ducting, IS-F style vented front fenders with matching elements in the back bumper along with an integrated rear diffuser that frames the true dual exhaust as well as a carbon fiber roof panel.

The G Sports Concept is powered by a 3.5 Liter V6 developing a total of 313 HP and 280 lb-ft of torque coupled to a paddle shifted six speed automatic transmission sending power straight to the rear wheels.

Not bad, but they should have dialed up the power as well.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
They all look so damn bland though, just like the camry I guess.

That G sport one is better (in terms of looks) except for the lower front bumper that looks like a GT-R threw up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts