NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
48,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yaris, Toyota's best selling model in Europe
# Toyota Optimal Drive technology across the entire engine range

# New grade Yaris 2010 brings added visual appeal and product value to the heart of the model range

New feature model: Yaris 2010

* Yaris 2010 - a new grade at the heart of the model line-up
* Refreshed interior and exterior design
* Upgraded standard equipment specification
* Enhanced product value with up to 5 % customer benefit

Toyota Optimal Drive

* All Yaris 2010 engines feature Toyota Optimal Drive
* All three engines generate under 120 g/km

As reflected in its consistently strong performance in the European J.D. Power
Customer Satisfaction survey, an ever-increasing number of customers have
come to appreciate the Yaris' ingenious packaging, class-leading passenger room coefficient, comfort and versatility, advanced technology and performance. In total, over 2.2 million units have been sold across Europe since its launch, and the Yaris represents a quarter of Toyota's annual car sales on the continent.

In 2009, Toyota Optimal Drive technology was introduced across the entire engine range. This has significantly lowered both fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, with appreciable cost of ownership benefits to customers. All engines - 1.0 litre VVT-i, 1.33 litre Dual VVT-i and 1.4 litre D-4D - now generate 120 g/km or less, with fuel consumption averaging below 5 l/100 km.

Yaris 2010 introduces a new grade into a revised, streamlined model line-up which sees all engine variants available in every grade. Bringing added visual appeal to the heart of the model range, Yaris 2010 features numerous exterior styling updates, a refreshed interior and an upgraded standard equipment specification.

Manufactured at TMMF Valenciennes in France and on sale from January 2010, the new Yaris 2010 will revitalise the core of Toyota's best-selling European model, with overall range sales expected to exceed 200,000 units in 2010.

A choice of three powerplants - 1.0 litre VVT-i and 1.33 litre Dual VVT-i petrol
units and a 1.4 litre D-4D - is now available across the entire Yaris model range. Every engine benefits from the performance - and economy-enhancing benefits of Toyota Optimal Drive and, from July, will comply with Euro V emissions standards. As a result, all three engines generate under 120 g/km, with model range fuel consumption averaging below 5 l/100 km. Moreover, Yaris whole-fleet CO2 emissions will be reduced from 130.8 g/km in 2008, to 117.4 g/km in 2010.

Designed to maximise performance and driving enjoyment while minimising
fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, Toyota Optimal Drive focuses on several
key aspects of powertrain development such as lightweight, compact design,
enhanced combustion efficiency, low friction components and environmentally
friendly technologies.

Petrol engine combustion efficiency has been improved through the use of a high efficiency intake port, a high compression ratio and long reach spark plugs. The 1.4 litre D-4D benefits from the adoption of a lower compression ratio, optimised combustion chamber dimensions, enhanced Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) cooler efficiency and a stainless steel exhaust manifold with an optional, closecoupled Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF).

Environmental technologies are represented by the application of Dual VVT-i
and Stop & Start technology to the 1.33 litre Dual VVT-i petrol unit, while the
1.4 litre D-4D engine is equipped with next generation Piezo injectors, variable
nozzle turbocharging, a de-coupling generator and new, electrical Exhaust Gas Recirculation.

Asia and Europe only.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
Does the direct injection head work by feeding pellets directly to the hamster or does it just spray grease onto its running wheel? :D

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
lol jlit... i second that question

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Does the direct injection head work by feeding pellets directly to the hamster or does it just spray grease onto its running wheel? :D
:laugh:

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
ive seen a 2 door, with a body kit, lowered,exhaust and rims
and i have to say it surely caught my attention

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
This is the only Yaris I would ever consider owning-

Even then I would have trouble staying awake while driving it.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
that totally makes the car look way better

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
i keep telling my gf were gonna get the 4dr yaris when she gets pregnant. roomy inside and looks decent with some mods/kit. very cheap too. i often get on the yaris forums too and look to see what others have done with their cars.the 2 door i think is ugly but i actually like the 4 door. so im a fan:)

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
i keep telling my gf were gonna get the 4dr yaris when she gets pregnant. roomy inside and looks decent with some mods/kit. very cheap too. i often get on the yaris forums too and look to see what others have done with their cars.the 2 door i think is ugly but i actually like the 4 door. so im a fan:)
With 33.8" of rear leg room, you may be able to get a convertible seat in there, but once the child is over 35 lbs you're going to have a real pain when you have to take the kid in and out of a fixed rear facing seat with that little room in the back. The seat will fit, its cramming the kid in there that's a bitch.

for your entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mFsXNXOLw

·
Registered
180 Posts
ive seen a 2 door, with a body kit, lowered,exhaust and rims
and i have to say it surely caught my attention
Yea, theres a 2 door blue one at work with a nice body kit and wheels. Awesome looking little car for what it is.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
And you joined just to tell us that? Freaking spammer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts