NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Lose the chrome window surround/weather strip, and it will look 100x's better. Looks very strange that the rear side windows have a black weather strip.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Maybe cuz it's a prototype still.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I like how they cleaned up the looks.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Wow, it actually looks different from the models over the past decade.... finally Jeep!

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
just another Chrysler most Americans won't even consider buying, and 99% of those who buy it won't need its cargo capacity or off-road capability.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
just another Chrysler most Americans won't even consider buying, and 99% of those who buy it won't need its cargo capacity or off-road capability.
That mixed with the fact that gas is probably going to see 3-4 dollars a barrel in the next 2 years, plus the fact that these cars were never great cars for residual in the first place which brings use to the point of cargo capacity and off-road capability.

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
It's useless.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
although its looks have been improved, i would put my money on it that it is still powered by a crappy powertrain and that it still has components that fail frequently

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love how the rear looks similar to the Dodge Journey and a few other SUV's out there. :thumbdown

I really do like the interior tho.

·
Super Moderator
46,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update!

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Final Testing at the Nurburgring
These are the best Pictures yet of the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee without any disguise testing at the Infamous Nordschleife even though it was a TF.

The Production will start in May and it looks like this is one of the first non mule vehicles undergoing a rundown test.

The Powerunit will be a choice of 3 engines, including a new V6, a diesel, and one mighty V8 HEMI which includes Cylinder deactivation to increase fuel economy.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Whats the point?

·
Super Moderator
46,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update!

New Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Confirmed?
Under the hood, expect a 6.4-liter naturally aspirated Hemi; output has been reported as being between 505 and 525 hp, but we have a sneaking suspicion it could be even higher. Rumblings suggest that the 555-hp BMW X5 M is squarely in Jeep’s sights, as the brand would be keen to reclaim the title as the world’s quickest production SUV. We tested the X5 M to 60 mph in 4.0 seconds, so the 2012 Cherokee SRT8 will need to slice 0.4 second from the outgoing 2010 model’s time to once again be king. Of course, it’s possible that 525 hp would be enough to pull off the feat, but why stop there? If Jeep’s going to do this thing, we say let it all hang out, and trumping BMW’s power figure—from a naturally aspirated engine, no less—would be one fine feather in Chrysler’s cap. With air suspension on the list of available technologies for the regular-grade 2011 Grand Cherokee, we’d expect adjustable air springs to make an appearance in the weapons-grade SRT model, too, imparting even sportier handling than before.

The new 2011 Grand Cherokee’s taut, handsome styling should transfer well to the new SRT model; we just hope the new model keeps the twin, center-mounted exhaust cannons, which were one of our favorite touches on the previous Cherokee SRT8. We loved that SRT8, but we have a feeling we’ll love the upcoming one even more.
Build it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't really like the front end as much as the last one, everything else looks great. I wish my jeep had the little turn dail for road conditons..thats just cool.

anyways i hope it gets better gas milage then the current one. mine get 18 average on the highway. absolutly horrid.

oh and i wonder if it comes with pine cones?

1 - 20 of 136 Posts